• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hot As He!!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Yesterday on my balcony near the water in Victoria it was 39*C; today 29*C.

Yesterday in my apartment it was 33*C; today 30*C (86*F). Still way hotter than normal but mid 80sF is decent.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
From 2 years ago...

Skiing Alpine Meadows with @Andy Mink and @Tricia

65374431_10215488082937140_3872454372201857024_n.jpg

And 10 years ago on this date it snowed in Truckee.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
and we cooled the bedroom with a portable AC that I had from a previous office, so we’ve been able to sleep comfortably.
yes, we bought one of those a few years ago in Big Bear. We don’t need it often but, when we do, it’s worth it’s weight in gold. Sadly, we most need it during fire season when we have to keep windows closed.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
It was mid 90s on LI today and quite humid. I spent the day working outside much of it in the sun I was soaked in sweat by the time I got my truck loaded this morning. Having a big fan in the shade blowing on me helped but I still had to retreat inside to the AC a few times to avoid heat exhaustion.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve got soccer camp all week….8-12. Never had a week of camp been so hot the past two days..….. I can attest it is “hot as heck”. The kids are all secretly wishing they were back inside on their IPads….lol.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
If you want to be freaked out, read the book "Six Degrees" by Mark Lynas. This was all predicted 30-40 years ago by climate scientists.

As a follow-on, I am now reading "The Sixth Extinction" by Elizabeth Kolbert. I might need my head examined, as I seem to only add to my anxiety. I'm a planner, though. I have always said I'll go north. But now I'm questioning that. Go where the water is...

Last edited:

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If you want to be , read the book "Six Degrees" by Mark Lynas. This was all predicted 30-40 years ago by climate scientists.

As a follow-on, I am now reading "The Sixth Extinction" by Elizabeth Kolbert. I might need my head examined.
Yes, when I was in college in the 80’s they were taking about this , that a 2 degree temperature rise would be devastating. Of course, as humans we tend to think how bad could that be? The difference between say 83 and 85 degrees? I could live with that we think not realizing that the systemic effects of a 2 degree average temperature increase are monumental. This is a human failing of imagination but that’s why we have science. ( time to start using it)
@ AmyPJ, I’d hold off on finishing the SixthExtinction for a bit until it cools down a bit. Too much at once but I get where you’re coming from.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Trailer Parks, Soft Shell lobsters..@ King Grump is on a roll.

No, no, no... lobster rolls. LOBSTER ROLLS. NO KingGrump rolls. I don't look good in a roll.

Sponsor