• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I didn’t do it yet: E-bike edition

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I noted the word "yet" in the title. :popcorn:

He's been waiting for the new 250W LeMond all road. :duck:

Guesstimating the BB drop (they don't tell us) at about 80mm because of that 42t? GRX chainring, that thing is more like a Spesh Diverge than anything in the old road-LeMond lineup.

Last edited:

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
When I'm 70 I can says my wife. And then she changes it to when she hits 70.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We bought an eroad bike for my wife and it has been a game changer for our family's ability to ride together.

Love it! Same here. So great. Working out really well with the mtb, too.

Trek Domane+ was on the radar too,

Top of our list several years ago, but at 5'2" there was no hope for my wife on the size S.

My son says not until I am 80.

I'm saying 70, but it may be sooner. Currently tickling my fancy is the new Pinion Motor-Gearbox Unit (MGU).

Give them two or three years to truly work the kinks out of that, and I'll be "in" at around 67 or 68.... :huh:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Funny, the majority of new adaptors we see here on eMTB's are the hard core riders that are not over 60 .. or 70 or 80 but in their 30's-50's. The reason they are using is not health but that they are more fun. The "earning your turns" rebuttle is all but gone.

Last edited:

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Our trails are just much too Yummy for manual biking. After 15 miles you're toast up here even in the best of shape. Now I get to do 50 miles of this even on back to back days and it's an amazing endurance work out if/when you want it to be... see pic

Attachments

• PXL_20230930_171023785~2.jpg
    PXL_20230930_171023785~2.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 6

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Yeh, I'd be worried too. Probably wind up getting a muni just...'can't be drunk orfisser, I hawnt fallin orf'
My doctoral advisor confessed to me on the day of his retirement (same as my graduation) that he almost didn't get the job he was now retiring from because he had been ticketed by campus police (during his own doctoral work) for riding his bike on campus while drunk. He was starting his new job, first day of class. A university administrator calls him and say they never got a final transcript from the U where he got his PhD because he had an unpaid fee. He has 20 hours to get that in place, or he will be terminated. The University is 8 hours away. Waaaay pre-internet. So he drives 8 hours there, pays the ticket, gets an official transcript, drives back and hands it to the HR person with 50 minutes to spare.

He smiled and said "I celebrated by getting drunk and riding my bike across campus that night."

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I got in a nice 30 miles up in Craftsbury area yesterday. Nice to have Bonnie dropping me on the hills for once!
I know early on your daughter(s) were pretty dismissive of eBikes, what are their feeings now?

Sponsor

Staff online