• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Let's Play a U.S. Game Again - "Find The TDF" ... :(

TS
Yo Momma

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm impressed that you even found her a set of groove cleats.

You don't like the thought of a red-trimmed chrome frame pump to go on that pump peg?

The steel Elite Ciussi bottle cages with the red buttons would also look good on that frame.
I wish she had those cleats....... she found a set that seems to work perfectly w/o cleating in. She got lucky!

YES!!!! Red trim all around on the way! Cleaning it up this week for pics! Only regret is not going w/ Black&Tan tires........ GRRRR!!!!!! Would have "popped" better w/ that setup! :beercheer:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Move podcasts and here for the best read: https://inrng.com/

I learned about this site from a comment by George Hincapie. In depth, thorough coverage that is better than both Velo & Cycling News.

Thanks. The Inner Ring looks to be great.

Bookmarked!

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thanks. I've got one critical question: What is the best time for you to show me around on road or mountain bikes?! :ogbiggrin:

I'd happily cover your meals and espressos........:geek:
If you would know how much my life depends on continuous flow of espresso in my body, you wouldn't be offering this.... but then again luckily espresso here is just slightly more then in Italy, so at around 1.2-1.4eur/espresso it's not all that bad. :ogbiggrin:

TS
Yo Momma

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
CONFIRMED: DIsh Network guide lists TDF starting next Friday @ 9:30 am, continuing on Sat 7/2 at the same time. It remains to be seen whether all stages will be on USA network or as they did in the past, move some stages to NBC or CNBC. Keep an eye on that as it's definitely NOT a set it and forget it type of scenario.

Once the TDF starts I'll report back on whether or not we can access the GCN extended highlights here in the U.S. :beercheer:

Still waiting for the red highlights on the Bianchi. When they arrive, I'll install and post pics.

@cantunamunch the pedals are Shimano 600's. Wifey said to let Herself know that she uses clearance rack Bontrager Informs, rubber sole intact/sans clips. Intact rubber surface works w/o a hitch on either side of those pedals for hill starts. Once going she says you'll want to be in the cages. Wifey's not a fan at all of clipless w/ a locked in profile so she never modified the shoes for clip use. On the Trek, I use an older set of Time ATAC Z pedals w/ Diadora Geko's as I love the ease of clip in and clip out and the softer flex. Up here you ALWAYS have to be ready for a long walk! LOL Totally worth the extra wgt penalty and I can hop on w/ regular shoes if I run into a pinch. :beercheer:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Weren't the Picts in Scotland?

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
@markojp since its bike related thread, mostly only bike related photos :P

insta_nat_landscape_20220616nw_00500.jpg

insta_nat_landscape_20220617nw_00663.jpg

Few rides around Pori, Finland, on end of last week, when I was still fine. Then this shit of covid cought up with me too, and after 2 years of successfully avoiding it, we obviously got it on ferry boat between Germany and Finland. So my wife was out for some 4 days, I had a bit of fever for 1.5 days, and now, 4 days after first symptoms, I'm fine again, and even tests are showing I'm back to my standard negative mood :) So tomorrow rest and slowly walking around Helsinki is done, and we are moving toward eastern Finland and lakes for some (unfortunately only easy) riding and paddling :) Plans for Lapland unfortunately fell in water together with positive tests...

insta_nat_landscape_20220620nw_00789.jpg

insta_nat_landscape_20220620nw_00783.jpg

insta_nat_landscape_20220623nw_00998.jpg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I use an older set of Time ATAC Z pedals w/ Diadora Geko's as I love the ease of clip in and clip out and the softer flex. Up here you ALWAYS have to be ready for a long walk! LOL Totally worth the extra wgt penalty and I can hop on w/ regular shoes if I run into a pinch. :beercheer:

LOL, herself has long since discovered ATACs. She's also a fan of the 'beginner' ATAC cleats with easier clip-out, enough to have scoured all the local bikeshop stashes. I have boxfuls of various 600/105/Ofmega/MKS that were meant to be used on her retro bikes but aren't :)

^^^ Weren't the Picts in Scotland?

Technically, no. Pictavia. You're thinking of the Scoti.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sepp Kuss’s parents are neighbors. I’ll find out what thirst game plan is. I know that they get up at some crazy hour every day during the Tour to watch.

I do like the coverage that is posted on YouTube (by NBC?). I get the highlights in 20 minutes.

I was in Durango last summer when he won a stage. Big headline on the front page of the newspaper.

Was watching Kuss maintaining a 7th place overall in the Tour de Suisse a week back. Then someone on the Jumbo Visma team got covid so they withdrew the whole team.

Do you know if his spot on the TdF squad is solidified? I know there is a group of guys battling it out to round out the team behind Roglic, Van Aert and Vingegaard.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
I was in Durango last summer when he won a stage. Big headline on the front page of the newspaper.

Was watching Kuss maintaining a 7th place overall in the Tour de Suisse a week back. Then someone on the Jumbo Visma team got covid so they withdrew the whole team.

Do you know if his spot on the TdF squad is solidified? I know there is a group of guys battling it out to round out the team behind Roglic, Van Aert and Vingegaard.
yes.

Tour de France (01/07-24/07)
Primoz Roglic
Jonas Vingegaard
Christophe Laporte
Sepp Kuss
Wout van Aert
Steven Kruijswijk
Tiesj Benoot
Nathan Van Hooydonck
[\quote]

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider

We could have two cyclists in the TDF this year: Sepp and Jr World Champion Quinn Simmons. Quinn's brother, Colby, also rides for Jumbo-Visma. And of course, Bob Roll calling color commentary. It will be interesting to see how many times he says "Durango" during the TDF this year.

So much cycling talent in a mtn town of 18,000. The coolest thing - is how these world class cyclists integrate with us low lifes... when we had Iron Horse registration party at our shop, Sepp was there 'til the end, helping with clean up. John Tomacand Chris Blevins are regulars at clinics. And Ned is always hanging out at the shop, and happy to take visiting cyclists out on the trails.

Humbled to live here.

TS
Yo Momma

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We could have two cyclists in the TDF this year: Sepp and Jr World Champion Quinn Simmons. Quinn's brother, Colby, also rides for Jumbo-Visma. And of course, Bob Roll calling color commentary. It will be interesting to see how many times he says "Durango" during the TDF this year.

Humbled to live here.
When I lived out there I would stay south of Durango to avoid the congestion. Farmington, NM was the place. SICK riding there! Road Apple Rally country. When riding "On Rez" further east in NM, it was extremely remote. To the point of being scary - when solo; attacked by wild stallion, chased up rocks by pissed off roaming steer, herding cattle down a tight valley for 3 hrs on mtn bike! YIKES! Scared the literal CRAP out of me. The only time I actually had to pull my modded Glock 26 was on the stallion. He was 10 yrds from meeting his maker had he come any closer! My Tribal buds laughed at my other encounters. They all stopped laughing when I mentioned the stallion and said I was lucky I didn't have to fire....and yes out on Rez, the firearm & bear spray was a necessity whenever riding solo. The spray for protection and the pistol, primarily as a noise maker. You could hear 3 quick shots over the vast distances to indicate someone needing help. On that one occasion, by the time I got back after dealing w/ the herd, exGF and the Cops were already out searching for me. I was super late returning.

I returned to Vermont and after all of that...didn't even like riding here any more... and I live just over the hill from Burke. No comparison! Totally Chill mode now. Give me gravel roads! :beercheer:

Last edited:

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Team Presentation ceremony on YouTube

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Is it just me or is this year's jaune a different, more jonquil yellow than previous years' yellow?
tranquil jonquil

I came here just to post that. As you were.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
tranquil jonquil

However you Wanty. to put it. Kinda funny that Jumbo Visma changed their yellow orangewards just to avoid TV viewer conflict, only to have ASO go the other way.

EDIT: I wonder if having Continental as a banner sponsor affected ASO's decision any. I specifically ask because Continental have darkened *their* logo away from their trademark mango. You can still see some of the old Continental signage on the barriers :D

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Oh and is anyone else having a Disney Stormtrooper laugh at the new Spesh and Kask TT helmets?

I mean I thought the EF/POC duck helmets were silly in a fun way but these are just silly - almost in an oversize Spaceballs way.

Sponsor