• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
@Bobalooski @Philpug Sorry for the confusion - I already bought a pair for the Santa Anas. IIf I need another set, I'll ping you.

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Sorry, I assumed you wanted some for the One's.

No - that's the thing, is the Griffons on the ones actually seem fine, even yesterday with a lot of snow. If I have trouble in the future, I'll consider that. Or if I decide that I want to replace the Griffons on my Sick Day 110s, which have also been problematic. But I want to ski them with the recent adjustments first.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It is also the design that they Royal bindings require significant amount of forward pressure to function properly. The AXL3/SPX heel are a similar design but a different hinge point and aren't nearly as difficult to get in. Same with Pivots/FKS.

the problem with the PX/AXL (air least the race heel versions)is not so much getting in as getting out! They need a lot of pressure at higher din settings. Try opening a PX18 heel set at 13-14 by hand after a toe release!!:eek:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
the problem with the PX/AXL (air least the race heel versions)is not so much getting in as getting out! They need a lot of pressure at higher din settings. Try opening a PX18 heel set at 13-14 by hand after a toe release!!:eek:

The AXL2 and SPX (14 DIN and below) are much better to get in AND out of than the 15/18's.

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Piggybacking this thread for bindings for powder skis. Would Tyrolia AAAttack 11 be sufficient for me based on my stats and skiing style (ie. not aggressive or fast.) Paging @Philpug

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I have been skiing on the rental version of the AAAttack 12 and 11. They probably are identical to the retail version, except for the track, but I can't say for sure. They are very very easy to step into.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have been skiing on the rental version of the AAAttack 12 and 11. They probably are identical to the retail version, except for the track, but I can't say for sure. They are very very easy to step into.
Thanks, DanoT, I appreciate the feedback!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Piggybacking this thread for bindings for powder skis. Would Tyrolia AAAttack 11 be sufficient for me based on my stats and skiing style (ie. not aggressive or fast.) Paging @Philpug
IIRC, the 11's have the junior heel and the 12's have the adult one, I would go with the 12's..I believe @Bobalooski is selling some Attack13's cheap.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
IIRC, the 11's have the junior heel and the 12's have the adult one, I would go with the 12's..I believe @Bobalooski is selling some Attack13's cheap.
Well, impulse kicked in and I found the Attack 12's at our local shop and bought the Savory 7's, too. I even got them to knock a hundy off the total cost ;)
I saw them and got excited because well, dammit, they match the skis and when I saw they were the Attack 12's I got even more excited.
tyrolia-attack-12-ski-bindings-2016-white-mint.jpg

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Well, impulse kicked in and I found the Attack 12's at our local shop and bought the Savory 7's, too. I even got them to knock a hundy off the total cost ;)
I saw them and got excited because well, dammit, they match the skis and when I saw they were the Attack 12's I got even more excited.
tyrolia-attack-12-ski-bindings-2016-white-mint.jpg

Wait, you were looking for bindings and ended up with another pair of skis? That's an epic level of shopping. Weren't the bindings for another pair of skis entirely?

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Wait, you were looking for bindings and ended up with another pair of skis? That's an epic level of shopping. Weren't the bindings for another pair of skis entirely?
No, they were for the Savory's which I had not bought yet. I went to chat with the shop about the Savory's (last pair in a 170!) and when I found THOSE bindings, it was like it was just MEANT to be!

I mean, it's snowing like crazy and I keep hearing avy control in the mornings. What can I say?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A really lazy part of me wants to buy these to compare with the 166s: http://www.powder7.com/Volkl-One-Skis-176cm-Used-2015/for-sale
The "Sweaty Santa Demo Sale". LOL.

Here is the description of the Attack 12's: Tyrolia Attack 12 Binding with 97mm Brake: The AAAttack 12 is Tyrolia’s ultra-versatile wide-toe binding designed to excel in everything from terrain parks to the steep and deep. The AAAttack achieves a higher level of stability and efficiency due to its über-aggressive design. With its super-wide mounting platform, 77mm metal AFD, and hellacious heel that connects you to the ski with metal - not plastic – the AAAttack 12 isn’t a mere royal, it’s the Queen! With a super low 2mm ramp differential, you can be confident in your take offs and landings, no matter how high you fly. Don’t settle for cheap plastic; pay attention to the details and know that metal heel tracks stomp…landings. With mint green highlights, this binding pairs beautifully with the HEAD Great JOY or Big JOY skis. DIN range: 3.5 to 12.

Does this mean I now have to become a park rat?

Oh, ETA I also see that they have this: - External Toe Height Adjustment
Does that mean I can play with the ramp angle on them?

Last edited:

Sponsor