• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Men’s World Cup 2021

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This is a good honest tale. I had a few beers with Chad in Sestriere when he was announcing the WC finals, and he said the race is basically trying to ski fast while scared shitless:

James

Out There
Instructor
This is a good honest tale. I had a few beers with Chad in Sestriere when he was announcing the WC finals, and he said the race is basically trying to ski fast while scared shitless:

Yeah that’s a great one. Bode gets a real kick out of it. I think he’s one of those that can watch crashes before they go out and aren’t bothered. His piece on talking about the end of Wengen DH is really good too.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
As you can hear Chad also say "I was fast in training"... Training runs are indicative of who's got his stuff together. But it's common that they take the foot of the gas in one ore more sections. Or go 80-85%, especially on the first run. Next seesion in an hour or so.
Re the injuries that has gotten a lot of attention, they have always been a part of the sport on the top level. But what we have seen over here is that also younger skiers and lower levels have injuries, and my feeling is that it is up. Don't have any statistics. Just a hunch.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Just heard from folks in the 6370 that winners on Friday and Saturday (of course) get names on gondolas.
Wasn’t sure on the Friday race since it is a Wengen-Lauberhorn replacement.

D75A9653-309B-494E-ADDA-65B65FE8A5DE.jpeg

Last edited:
TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Tomorrow (Friday)...
C9444E7F-8FF9-47F3-8355-EC1DC8AAB993.jpeg

Kriechmayr
RCS
Feuz

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
It’s on Peacock at 5:30am eastern.

Mayer
Paris
RCS

Kriechmayer
Feuz

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Still at least 4 need to start for Feuz to finally win Kitz.... hope they will manage to push it through, even though it might be "slightly" dangerous with wind, 150km/h and current shape of last jump. But would be so cool if Feuz could finally win Kitz, he would really deserve this victory.
Edit: 30 are down, so Feuz is officially winner, regardless if it will continue or not :)

Last edited:

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
To much wind and building up, according to announcer ... :huh: A few upset athletes...

James

Out There
Instructor
Well congrats to Feuz! Haven’t seen it yet. Is RCS ok?

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
@Swede realistically there was no chance for anyone after bib 30 to do anything today. It got really dark, so with that light, there's no way it would work for anyone to get something special out of this race.
@Ivan there's rule pretty much always in Kitz, if athlete can't ski down himself, there's air lift. So if Cochran-Siegle was air lifted it doesn't mean anything bad, but based on ORF, there's shoulder injury. But no info yet how bad it is. For Kryenbuhl, he was talking with his coach in finish, but probably has concussion, so hopefully nothing too bad either, but it certainly didn't look good.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Primoz True. But it did not hinder a few from getting upset. You have to understand the frustration. Point hunters for a forward position in the overall perhaps.

Sponsor

Staff online