• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Men’s World Cup 2021

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Odermatt has a distinctive "ride his edges" style that stands out, to me. I could see him winning a lot.

Ford is very smooth and edge neutral on his Heads. Neat to watch.

And Zubcic has a more on edge flex/ski flex style, more often active/weightless on his skis also, seems like. Dunno.

jimtransition

Out on the slopes
Skier
Odermatt has a distinctive "ride his edges" style that stands out, to me. I could see him winning a lot.

Ford is very smooth and edge neutral on his Heads. Neat to watch.

And Zubcic has a more on edge flex/ski flex style, more often active/weightless on his skis also, seems like. Dunno.
Reilly did a nice comparison between the two here
It's pretty crazy how low Zubcic is in transition, I generally think about having my femurs parallel to the snow, his hips are in a deep squat position at times.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
7B62A661-AAFA-4D03-A456-8D72BD8485D6.jpeg
6EBD5A11-3090-4ABC-A376-0593662C8E76.jpeg

Kilde
Kriechmayr
Caviezel (Mauro)
:huh: .

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I would not be surprised to see Odermatt up there again. But the Fuss, The Dom and Kjetil will take advantage of their mass and experience here. This is not the brutal course, this is a bit mellower. Sort of a Lake Louice. Pintu maybee?

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
I would not be surprised to see Odermatt up there again. But the Fuss, The Dom and Kjetil will take advantage of their mass and experience here. This is not the brutal course, this is a bit mellower. Sort of a Lake Louice. Pintu maybee?
Odermatt running 1 is definitely not to his advantage (unless there's weather or something)

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Odermatt running 1 is definitely not to his advantage (unless there's weather or something)

No it is a disadvantage. Not a winner perhaps, but he is very allround and on a streak. So I would not be surprised to see him in a forward position.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
No it is a disadvantage. Not a winner perhaps, but he is very allround and on a streak. So I would not be surprised to see him in a forward position.
for sure. I'd be surprised to see him on the podium, given how flat the OK course is, but wouldn't be surprised to see him top-6 or so. Hill would seem to lend itself to gliders (as you noted). Last SG at VDI was 2016, with a podium of Jansrud/Svindal/Paris.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Reilly did a nice comparison between the two here
It's pretty crazy how low Zubcic is in transition, I generally think about having my femurs parallel to the snow, his hips are in a deep squat position at times.

This was excellent. He gave a simple explanation about technique for which we all make a choice.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
More POOMA

Kreichmayr
Mayer
Casse
Feuz
Man, I was way off on this one... and not even sure who I meant when I typed "Casse", since there was no Casse in the race. :huh::geek::nono::P

Results were (click blur to view):
  1. Caviezel
  2. Sejersted
  3. Walder
  4. Ganong (nice finish!)

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Nice course but nothing too exciting. Surprised the margins were so big.
Good day for Ganong.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
48961F2A-5464-4C4B-8E7D-A7FEE405F47B.jpeg

Caviezel
Bennett
Ganong
:ogbiggrin:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow... what a podium! Surprise, surprise, surprise. I also felt bad for Hintermann who was having a great race before losing it on what looked like a little compression.

Click for results if you want to see it...
  1. Cater
  2. Streidinger
  3. Kryenbuehl
  4. Kilde
  5. Clarey
  6. Feuz
  7. Sander
  8. Mayer
  9. Baumann
  10. Paris

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Wow... what a podium! Surprise, surprise, surprise. I also felt bad for Hintermann who was having a great race before losing it on what looked like a little compression.

Click for results if you want to see it...
  1. Cater
  2. Streidinger
  3. Kryenbuehl
  4. Kilde
  5. Clarey
  6. Feuz
  7. Sander
  8. Mayer
  9. Baumann
  10. Paris
yeah, Hintermann had it going there till he got jacked into the fence. He seemed to be okay.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Speed classic Val Gardena kicked of with SG today. Beatiful day and unusually grippy snow for the men, they are more used to ice. Beatiful course with tons of terrain. Luckily they have had two days of DH training for tomorrow (with some nasty crashes) before the SG, skiing this this hill SG with only inspection – tricky if you don't know all the twists and turns and rollers very well.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online