• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MEN'S World Cup 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Out There
Instructor
69CF009A-75E2-4F49-BD4E-A797F8D10DBA.jpeg

That’s a great shot. Already at max edge angle just past the fall line, she’s going to have to come up I would think.
Is that Soelden? Tracks look too deep for that.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
View attachment 145597
That’s a great shot. Already at max edge angle just past the fall line, she’s going to have to come up I would think.
Is that Soelden? Tracks look too deep for that.
I don’t know where the photo is from. It does show the level just to race on the World Cup. Has Keely Cashman ever even qualified for a second run?

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
I don’t know where the photo is from. It does show the level just to race on the World Cup. Has Keely Cashman ever even qualified for a second run?
She's started WCs in all 4 disciplines, never had a second run, but was in the points 3x last year in speed (2x DH, 1x SG), including 10th in the VDI SG. She's 22.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
WC events in Austria aren't shown in the US because of ownership rights to the broadcasts -- the Austrians own them and you don't get to see them. That's over simplification but sorta the situation. If the FIS wants to improve WC TV coverage in the US, or worldwide, it's problem they need to solve.

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
I think Solden was viewed only on YouTube last year.
All the other Austrian events we were able to see on Peacock.
Odd (but typical) if the viewing situation will be different once again this year.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Came here for this (annual) TV coverage question. I don't see Solden on any Xfinity options (ironic, given they have a patch on the USST uniforms). Not on Olympic Channel, Not on Peacock Premium.
Any additional insights or are we trying to find it on YouTube? Sigh.
I did the same. I tried to find it on Peacock, Xfinity, and Olympic Channel and could find nothing.
Why do we have to deal with this every year???
:nono:

4ster

Instructor
Why do we have to deal with this every year???
Yeah, it sucks pretty bad when you know if you were sitting in a bar in Austria right now they would be watching all kinds of pre-race hype on ORF & it probably began weeks ago!

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
After wasting at least a couple of hours trying to find a way to watch this weekend's races, I give up.
Where's @dbostedo when you need him :huh:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
After wasting at least a couple of hours trying to find a way to watch this weekend's races, I give up.
Where's @dbostedo when you need him :huh:
I'm here... and I don't have an answer. I don't think there's a legal way to watch it in the US. Perhaps if you have a VPN that can shift where you appear to be from, you could get it via some European streaming service? I have no idea though.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I'm here... and I don't have an answer. I don't think there's a legal way to watch it in the US. Perhaps if you have a VPN that can shift where you appear to be from, you could get it via some European streaming service? I have no idea though.
:(

James

Out There
Instructor
Is youtube tv a no go?

Certainly a time for Ceo Sophi Goldschmidt to make a mark.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Certainly a time for Ceo Sophi Goldschmidt to make a mark.

If only it were that easy. Or, if those close to this “game” had the feeling that she could and will be that effective. It’s not as simple as being a well seasoned CEO/Leader {which she is not}. She has much to learn and has yet to admit that she needs a COO, a Chief of Staff, or similar. The job is SO much more than running another NGB.
For example “Do tell me about the FIS. My Brit friends say they are difficult.”

Yeah, it’s critical that a market the size of the USA gets “easy” access to all WC events…..and perhaps even more related to the USST/USSS. In this world of media, how on earth are they going to build awareness and interest and attract a great deal more money…which is essential.

The fact that this is the situation every year, and persists is pretty inexcusable. USSS has to take the bull by the horns with more than our “WC Media Officer…..”

I do not put a lot of stock in our new CEO. At all. There are board members already shifting their over/under on her tenure downward. Feel that the board chaired pushed this….to hard.

Any thoughts of ideas on Soelden, SHARE THEM! I’m going to ask around to everybody that I can. Not real hopeful!

4ster

Instructor
Yeah, it’s critical that a market the size of the USA gets “easy” access to all WC events…..and perhaps even more related to the USST/USSS. In this world of media, how on earth are they going to build awareness and interest and attract a great deal more money…which is essential.

The fact that this is the situation every year, and persists is pretty inexcusable. USSS has to take the bull by the horns with more than our “WC Media Officer…..”
It’s A catch-22 isn’t it. We don’t broadcast World Cup ski racing because the viewership is too small but if it is inaccessible how can it grow :(

I am hoping to get lucky and find some kind of YouTube coverage in the morning. It was there last year but only for a short time.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
It’s A catch-22 isn’t it. We don’t broadcast World Cup ski racing because the viewership is too small but if it is inaccessible how can it grow :(

I am hoping to get lucky and find some kind of YouTube coverage in the morning. It was there last year but only for a short time.
There's usually a broadcast or two available for about a day available on youtube, usually in russian

4ster

Instructor
There's usually a broadcast or two available for about a day available on youtube, usually in russian
Yep, those are the guys I’ve had the most success with. A few years ago I think I watched all the first runs in Russian.

James

Out There
Instructor
If only it were that easy. Or, if those close to this “game” had the feeling that she could and will be that effective. It’s not as simple as being a well seasoned CEO/Leader {which she is not}. She has much to learn and has yet to admit that she needs a COO, a Chief of Staff, or similar. The job is SO much more than running another NGB.
For example “Do tell me about the FIS. My Brit friends say they are difficult.”

I do not put a lot of stock in our new CEO. At all. There are board members already shifting their over/under on her tenure downward. Feel that the board chaired pushed this….to hard.

Any thoughts of ideas on Soelden, SHARE THEM! I’m going to ask around to everybody that I can. Not real hopeful!
It’s so sad that this is the situation after years. I don’t see how they expect more sponsors when no one can see the product. Terrible on all fronts.

At this point there’s more Cornhole on tv, Espn, than ski racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online