• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MEN'S World Cup 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hadn't seen news re: Tonetti moving on (tbf, it's not really news), but hard to imagine him not in a Tecnica boot - he's been in one forever (including back when he was on Volkl).
In the old days Tecnica and Volkl were part of the same group (I believe Volkl and Marker bought Dalbello in 2015, but I may be wrong)...

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
In the old days Tecnica and Volkl were part of the same group (I believe Volkl and Marker bought Dalbello in 2015, but I may be wrong)...
Yes, I know. But he kept with Tecnica as long as Volkl would let him (including several years after we started seeing Dalbello regularly on world cup), and then went to Tec/Bliz over Volkl/Dalbello. Boots > skis.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Interesting rumors about HK not having yet resigned with Rossi.... rumors of a possible move to MH's Van Deer kit.

:popcorn:

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Interesting rumors about HK not having yet resigned with Rossi.... rumors of a possible move to MH's Van Deer kit.

:popcorn:
Yep, all sides quiet on this. HK having setup issues with Ven Deer would be even more drama than when with Rossi. Wonder how much longer until an announcement.

Anyone have reactions to the 2027 WC location announcement? Crans Montana seems like the "easy" choice. Was hoping Narvik, Norway would win. I do hope a WCF is in Norway before my kids are too old as I would like to go to that.

Videos for each site that was considered:

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Yep, all sides quiet on this. HK having setup issues with Ven Deer would be even more drama than when with Rossi. Wonder how much longer until an announcement.

Anyone have reactions to the 2027 WC location announcement? Crans Montana seems like the "easy" choice. Was hoping Narvik, Norway would win. I do hope a WCF is in Norway before my kids are too old as I would like to go to that.

Videos for each site that was considered:
I was hoping for Soldeu; they've done a good job for world cup finals, and it's not a typical location.

But ... all in all, I don't really care, it's a TV event for me.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
This will be VERY interesting. Not jumping the gun until we have an announcement, know some more details. HK is a unique guy, and ridiculously demanding.

We’ll see. Money always talks. This may be a significant change to how the WC equipment game is played moving forward.

Very interested to watch.

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
This will be VERY interesting. Not jumping the gun until we have an announcement, know some more details. HK is a unique guy, and ridiculously demanding.

We’ll see. Money always talks. This may be a significant change to how the WC equipment game is played moving forward.

Very interested to watch.
Are you saying or suggesting that it could be a supplier other than Van Deer (VD)?

If it is VD, will be interested to see how HK handles (publicly and privately) any setup issues.

As we know, not only is he demanding but quite dynamic (finicky may be better word) with his setup as it changes often.

As a side, he did re-sign with the Norway ski federation this week - so he eliminated further drama with that in the short-term.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Evidently there was a hangup on this, because Rossi/Lange was not going to let him use their boot. Not sure how it worked out, or if it actually totally has. But sounds like it’s 99% there.

And of course, there is the money. VD, via Hirscher’s backers, RedBull, etc. has had to pony up some serious money for this signing. Let’s say they were not the only bidder.

And….yes, word on the skis is that they deliver. Assume that HK’s entire service team will be following him. I can only imagine the time, effort, etc to get him dialed. One of a kind.

Blue boots lead me to think that’s resolved….a big piece.

Can’t wait to see it unfold.

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Evidently there was a hangup on this, because Rossi/Lange was not going to let him use their boot. Not sure how it worked out, or if it actually totally has. But sounds like it’s 99% there.
Interesting. I did not consider the boot conflict - but makes perfect sense. Wonder if he switches to blue (Lange) boots.
Potentially, HK could have new kit (HH), skis (VD), and boots (Lange). Will take some getting used to.

Ivan

Out on the slopes
Skier
Interesting. I did not consider the boot conflict - but makes perfect sense. Wonder if he switches to blue (Lange) boots.
Potentially, HK could have new kit (HH), skis (VD), and boots (Lange). Will take some getting used to.
He is in Lange in the instagram video. But the boots are essentially the same as before: there is no difference between the Lange and Rossi race boots other than the color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online