• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mikaela Shiffrin

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Well, I'm not saying that the SG and WC season went well for her, but I'm also not saying ... :yahoo: Or am I??? :yahoo:

skiJ

Getting off the lift
Skier
so.
I will hold my comments about the World Cup Finals until tomorrow morning for those who believe they should be able to open a discussion forum and not see comments about something that happened less than 24hours ago --

Phil and Tricia, I appreciate your website - Thank you.

skiJ

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
so.
I will hold my comments about the World Cup Finals until tomorrow morning for those who believe they should be able to open a discussion forum and not see comments about something that happened less than 24hours ago --

Phil and Tricia, I appreciate your website - Thank you.

skiJ
I think its been sorted out that you should feel comfortable to discuss here or in the WC threads.
If you want to be extra safe while posting you can use the
Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 9.26.14 AM.png

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I think its been sorted out that you should feel comfortable to discuss here or in the WC threads.
If you want to be extra safe while posting you can use the

Now that there is a spoiler of spoilers!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Someone on one of the forums awhile back said they were leaving the movies with their kid and wife with other kid was in the lobby about to go in to the same movie.. Packed lobby.. Kid leaving yells across the lobby.. "HEY MOM KYLO REN DIES AT THE END!!!!!"

skiJ

Getting off the lift
Skier
g' morning, race fans - and specifically,
Mikaela Shiffrin ( ski Racer ) fans (!)

it is Friday, March 18th (2022)...
Just over 48hours ago, MS skied to victory in the World Cup Finals Downhill, gaining 100points over rival Petra Vlhova, who finished sixteenth, just outside points scoring position ;
the results extended MS's lead in the Overall Cup standings to 156points with three races remaining...

then in yesterday's superG
( a race than concluded more than 24hours ago ),
MS skied to second place, while PV again finished outside of point scoring position, extending MS's lead in the Overall World Cup to a Cup-clinching 256 points...

Mikaela Shiffrin wins her fourth Overall World Cup !

MS's resilience is admirable -
to win the Overall, after the health of her back cost her three weeks of training in November, and
She was diagnosed covid-positive in December - And
to come back to win! and have at least three podium finishes(,) after her Olympic experience ,
to win the Overall in these circumstances is (very) admirable. ! !!!

Much has been written, and more will be written about this unusual odyssey...

Today,
Congratulations ! MikaelaShiffrim for your fourth Overall World Cup title ! !!!

with Great Respect ! skiJ

Last edited:

skiJ

Getting off the lift
Skier

Just over 48hours ago, MS skied to victory in the World Cup Finals Downhill, gaining 100points over rival Petra Vlhova, who finished sixteenth, just outside points scoring position ;
the results extended MS's lead in the Overall Cup standings to 156points with three races remaining...

MS skied to second place, while PV again finished outside of point scoring position, extending MS's lead in the Overall World Cup to a Cup-clinching 256 points...

to win the Overall, after the health of her back cost her three weeks of training in November, and
to come back to win! and have at least three podium finishes(,) after her Olympic experience ,

Much has been written, and more will be written about this u usual odyssey...

Today,

postscript -

I am saddened and I am (upset) that in the last forty-eight hours,
the Celebration of this amazing person's accomplishment has been muted by a few people who believe they should be able to view the posts of this thread and censor the posts of this thread so they can view their recording of the races at their leisurely convenience -

it's not 1994, fellas - you can view these events Live, in real time.
... Don't want to (?) great - you don't have to...
And to expect others to Not discuss a historic accomplishment on an internet forum , is not reasonable ( as I wrote on Wednesday ) --

my Thanks to Phil and Tricia for creating this site, and making it available - Thank you.
( I see some of the Work that has gone into SkiTalk.
ultimately, I believe it is,, a lot of work ! )

Thank you ! I appreciate your website !

Hey !
have you heard !?!!

MikaelaShiffrin won the Downhill at the WorldCup Finals ! And
Her fourth Overall World Cup ! !!!

WayToGo ! MikaelaShiffrin ! !!!

skiJ

Last edited:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
If you want to avoid spoilers avoid the internet, news media and try not to talk to anyone with an interest. If it's vital to your life you'll find a way to watch live or before it can be spoilt.

I finally got to see the Bond film recently. Can't say despite having had spoilers just through exposure to media it reduced my enjoyment of the film though clearly the massive amount of foreshadowing and callbacks kinda gave away the ending early doors.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Much has been written, and more will be written about this unusual odyssey...

Today,

:yahoo:

I am really excited about this because there were times when it seemed like her back issues and (possibly) the continued grief from her father's death would have an impact but she continues to amaze me.

I love how she gives so much gratitude to her parents, coaches and her fans for rallying her through a tough year.

Flatland Steve

Booting up
Skier
I thought we gave up on "spoiling" issues a LONG time ago.
I mean, the news IS everywhere.......and has been for hours.
Trust me on this -- the news is not, and never will be in Indiana. I like to watch the Peacock replays in the evening of the same day.

(I usually make sure I don't come here until after I watch, just in case)
:beercheer:

Sponsor

Staff online