• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mikaela Shiffrin

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
However, Christian Mitter...and essentially formed the "Attacking Vikings" team culture.
I have always attributed the Attacking Vikings culture to Claus Ryste. I know he is a director (not a coach) but is pretty hands-on, travels with team, and seems to have put all the pieces in place. In particular having older guys around to show the "Viking way" and create/enforce the culture. Spent time with him in Aspen and Kitz - always has time to tell you his views and what he hears coming through the radio from the hill. Claus seems to be stepping back (not traveling as much) the last couple years but certainly has done a great job with the Attacking Vikings over the past decade.

1647650805125.png
Also hear he does a great Christopher Cross impersonation. "Well, it's not far down to paradise. At least it's not for me..." ogsmile

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not much. Wins Globes.

Now, we only have to elaborate a bit more on what "Globes" are and send the link of this discussion to that journo who asked the same question.
Man, it feels good to be of service to society as a whole and to the sports journalism in particular.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
She's back in Edwards CO, unpacking, probably doing a ton of laundry, sleeping, cooking and relaxing.....with her mom doing the same. I'm betting that Kilde is doing the same, in Norway, and that they will soon be off together for a great vacation....to the beach.

Pretty sure that her over training days ended a couple of years ago, and to some degree, before. Bet we see some picks of her on her bike, and in the gym with a very tailored plan. I think.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Reccomendation for Mikaela, go to the Maldives. Bring your BF. Surf a little and have a few beers. Learn to scuba.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
1648058643465.png

I guess you have to follow her account to see the video..

Attachments

• 1648058503693.png
    1648058503693.png
    605.3 KB · Views: 35

Sponsor

Staff online