• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Monique's Next Car

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Shut down the other thread, huh?!

You're not the boss of us!!!!!

JK - @Philpug, feel free to kill after (hopefully) a few pugsters get a small laugh from this.

Gotta laugh........

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It was her idea. Don't shoot the messenger. ;)

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, I'll go first, with good humor being the goal here:

Ground clearance kept coming up in the original thread:

UNIMOG!

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I like that line of thought @Tom K, but what about that sweet Dodge Power Wagon @Philpug saw at the auto show this summer? Either one of these should be able to take out the parking garage roof at the office.

Reactions: mdf

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
8176.jpg

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I never got to offer up my choice in the other thread. I have exactly what you need. A 2008 Suburban with 130k miles on the odometer but only 10k miles on it's new engine and less than 7k on it's transmission.:thumb:

Buy me a one way plane ticket and I'll drive it out to you.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
707 hp for what? Burning more gas to with a 70 MPH speed limit while the limited sq. ft. cargo adds little to nothing over a hatchback style car? My wife had one, it is a wannabe full-size

MEH

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I never got to offer up my choice in the other thread. I have exactly what you need. A 2008 Suburban with 130k miles on the odometer but only 10k miles on it's new engine and less than 7k on it's transmission.:thumb:

You're saying I can have it for the cool price of a plane ticket, right? In that case, I'll even spring for first class!

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)

So you needed a new engine at 120 k and a new transmission at 123 k ? :huh: You know you're supposed to change the fluid in those things, yes? ;)

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Subaru Baja ruined any chances of us having an awesome vehicle like this in the US.
GM was pretty successful with the El Camino, Ford, the Ranchero in the past. The Baja has no influence in that not coming here.Baja's are one of those cars that have more populariity used than they did new.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
So you needed a new engine at 120 k and a new transmission at 123 k ? :huh: You know your supposed to change the fluid in those things, yes? ;)

The oil was self changing! It was burning through a quart every 500-1000 miles. They first replaced pistons and rings to cure the known issue, then 9 months later the whole thing blew. My transmission guy believes the dealer never put enough fluid back in the transmission after the new engine was installed, but there was no way to really prove that. Thankfully he is my next door neighbor so I trust him.

Google "suburban oil consumption" and you can read horror stories for days.

Sponsor

Staff online