• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Monique's Next Car

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
She has a plane now.

Wait, what? Did my husband tell you something he hasn't told me yet? (He just got instrument rated this week)

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Only a matter of time.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Planes have very little cargo space.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
You can certainly stuff a lot of junk in this one :D
fb4a0a0feb2d6d7699ec71505ae85a38.jpg

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wait, what? Did my husband tell you something he hasn't told me yet? (He just got instrument rated this week)
Uh oh.......Player in the House!..... Do I smell a G5 in your future?!?! LMAO (Warning NOT PC!!!!!!!!!!)

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Mileage, shmileage! But it's kind of a hard look to love. Looks like a deformed whale.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
As a sequoia, LC, and MB SUV owner, I vote Sequoia for @Monique’s third car, considering her wish list. And I should say, I’ve bought and traded way too many cars for my number of years on this blue-green marble we call home.

Google the million mile tundra for entertainment if so inclined. It’s a sequoia, mostly (different engine than the current model) but still ...

For a buy and hold mentality, I do not believe it’s possible to beat a Toyota in bang for buck. In addition to the lore, I’ve seen first hand that my lovely spouse, three kids, and two dogs can’t kill them, despite what appears to be concerted efforts to commit murder. And it absolutely swallows cargo of all kinds and descriptions.

I love my MB and it’s my daily driver. I think I will pretty much always have one. I love my old LC. I think I will keep it forever, or God forbid, replace it with another. But if I wanted a car that swallowed bikes and long skis, had plenty of power, pampered dogs, was reasonably fun and very comfortable to drive, and also got me wherever I wanted to go in any weather at any time without any concern for years and years and years, I’d pick a sequoia first each day and twice on Sunday.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
As a sequoia, LC, and MB SUV owner, I vote Sequoia for @Monique’s third car, considering her wish list. And I should say, I’ve bought and traded way too many cars for my number of years on this blue-green marble we call home.

Google the million mile tundra for entertainment if so inclined. It’s a sequoia, mostly (different engine than the current model) but still ...

For a buy and hold mentality, I do not believe it’s possible to beat a Toyota in bang for buck. In addition to the lore, I’ve seen first hand that my lovely spouse, three kids, and two dogs can’t kill them, despite what appears to be concerted efforts to commit murder. And it absolutely swallows cargo of all kinds and descriptions.

I love my MB and it’s my daily driver. I think I will pretty much always have one. I love my old LC. I think I will keep it forever, or God forbid, replace it with another. But if I wanted a car that swallowed bikes and long skis, had plenty of power, pampered dogs, was reasonably fun and very comfortable to drive, and also got me wherever I wanted to go in any weather at any time without any concern for years and years and years, I’d pick a sequoia first each day and twice on Sunday.

Are we getting serious about this again? I'm told Sequoia is unacceptable due to mileage (I guess the MPG on the Sequoia *is* pretty ridiculous).

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Are we getting serious about this again? I'm told Sequoia is unacceptable due to mileage (I guess the MPG on the Sequoia *is* pretty ridiculous).
Well, something has to give. Real world MPG is not good. Per the car computer, my wife averages 13.2 in town. That’s short trips, traffic, running kids and friends hither and yon from dawn to dusk. She also stomps on the right pedal with reckless abandon more often than not, and it is a 5.6L V8.

In highway runs to beach (about 350 miles) with the human and furry family, bikes out back and roof box or sometimes a paddle board up top, it gets 17 with me driving and cruise control set at 10 over the limit. I could probably get 18 if I didn’t stand on the gas after the second and third exasperating stops to pee, but I find that is a better means of venting than screaming, “You’ve got to be fu&$@#g kidding me” at a 6 year old.

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Are we getting serious about this again?

No.

This thread is supposed to be (at least slightly) goofy vehicle funnery.

There is a Pinto body running around here on a massive, lifted Ford 4 x 4 chassis. I need to snap a pic next time I drive by that parking lot.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)

Mileage, shmileage! But it's kind of a hard look to love. Looks like a deformed whale.

Make up your mind! :huh:

Seriously, as far as milage goes, it's just a (fuel) cost. Figure it out over the next 10 years, use a present worth function (P given i,a,n) and add it to the cost of purchase. Then decide if the cost is worth it to drive that vehicle, just like you do comparing the Out-the-door cost to buy the vehicle.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Make up your mind! :huh:

Seriously, as far as milage goes, it's just a (fuel) cost. Figure it out over the next 10 years, use a present worth function (P given i,a,n) and add it to the cost of purchase. Then decide if the cost is worth it to drive that vehicle, just like you do comparing the Out-the-door cost to buy the vehicle.

I made up my mind, but my husband sadly has his own mind ;-)

In the spirit of the thread ... what about one of these? I could simply restrict myself to skiing coastal areas?

560px-Principe-de-Asturias_Wasp_Forrestal_Invincible_1991_DN-ST-92-01129s.jpg

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Either of those would be a wonderful alternative to the Friday afternoon slog between Seattle, Vancouver and Whistler!

Sponsor

Staff online