• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Monique's Next Car

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
GM was pretty successful with the El Camino, Ford, the Ranchero in the past. The Baja has no influence in that not coming here.Baja's are one of those cars that have more populariity used than they did new.

I wasn't being serious just so you know. I do think the El Camino or Ranchero could be resurrected and sell successfully if done right.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
How about a BMW X6??? :popcorn:

images-4.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

707 hp for what? Burning more gas to with a 70 MPH speed limit while the limited sq. ft. cargo adds little to nothing over a hatchback style car? My wife had one, it is a wannabe full-size

MEH

Well, the much more practical Durango version will be available. I've always wanted something that was a V8 blast to drive, AND would pull my wife's horse trailer -- the Durango version ups the towing to near 8k, so it's now a practical rig, right?!

On the other hand, hubby might replace the BMW with a nice Holden SSV :)

2015-holdenvsford-VFFGX-ute-comparison-241.jpg

Really wanted one of these. Esp if they'd brought over the stick version, like they did on the SS.

The oil was self changing!

Priceless!

How in the world did you get a spy shot of the super-secret new X6 with much improved styling?!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
SRT Durango. Essentially a stretched Grand Cherokee. V8. 700 HP. Tows nearly 8k. Sounds badass. Fuel economy well in excess of 10 mpg! Pretty pricey, but you only live once!

download.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
In that case, here's your car
e9dfc53c191436ab854a58a0028045e7--lifted-cars-lifted-chevy.jpg

Boy, it'll be REALLY difficult to reach the roof box on that one.

Oh, wait, I can probably just mount the roof box underneath!

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
707 hp for what? Burning more gas to with a 70 MPH speed limit while the limited sq. ft. cargo adds little to nothing over a hatchback style car? My wife had one, it is a wannabe full-size.

MEH
Speed limit advisories are only an impediment to time traveling.

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Aren't there some Utah roads that go up to 85mph? Or is that just wishful thinking?

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Aren't there some Utah roads that go up to 85mph? Or is that just wishful thinking?
Portions of the Idaho, Montana, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming road networks have 80 mph speed limits.
Actually, Texas State Highway 130 is 85 mph but that's not ski country so of little interest to us.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Portions of the Idaho, Montana, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming road networks have 80 mph speed limits.
Actually, Texas State Highway 130 is 85 mph but that's not ski country so of little interest to us.

On my road trip to Utah a few months ago, I had no need for the roof box, but forgot to remove it. Lots of nice Wyoming and Utah speed "limits" (ie, lower limits!). Boy, you've never seen a tank of gas disappear so quickly.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
She has a plane now.

Sponsor

Staff online