• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Jersey Indoor Skiing Gathering

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, the 28th would have worked for me, but not earlier that week. Sorry I will miss the chance to meet you and take a few indoor laps. I don't think Big Snow is open in the morning.

Perhaps some in the thread will be interested in an October trip to Big Snow? @neonorchid when you heal up?

It is currently raining in Killington. Yesterday we dodged rain drops to take a small hike on the AT near the Clarendon Gorge.

Sorry I will miss you! When we get the chance to ski I’ll be sure to bring the Rangers out!

James

Out There
Instructor
Who knew skiing indoors was so hard! Somehow, 50,000 people manage to make it to the game there on Sundays.
Anyway, can’t make it due to having to go to a funeral. I was thinking of going to the skating rink there in the am before skiing.

Good luck! Don’t all start at the same time at the top.

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
Who knew skiing indoors was so hard! Somehow, 50,000 people manage to make it to the game there on Sundays.
Anyway, can’t make it due to having to go to a funeral. I was thinking of going to the skating rink there in the am before skiing.

Good luck! Don’t all start at the same time at the top.
We will miss you. Maybe some other time you will make it?

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
We will try to take some pictures of the group that shows up and post them before we leave.

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
Since I have not met most of the attendanees, I will be the old guy with the Ski Talk Buff and Head Rally skis.
I will be wearing black leggings and grey/green base layer shirt. I am quite tall (a little over 6 feet) so easy to spot.

A lot of attendees will be closer in age to you then to me, BTW. I will probably be the youngest, and I am not that young. :)

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Just arrived and sitting outside the ski shop waiting for the rest of the people to gather.

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
So we met inside at Big Snow introduced ourselves and skied several runs. I tried to rotate who I was riding the chair with. The Big Snow mascot was walking around and we stopped for a picture, I let the Big Snow employee near by have my phone, I asked him to take a few shots. Unfortunately when I got home no pictures were on the phone. He must not have take his gloves off and didn't take any pictures because his gloves did not push the button.

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Since I started this thread I would like to thank all those that came to ski today. It was good to meet members face to face and enjoy some ski runs together. Thanks for joining in on this Indoor Gathering. So for me it was day one of the 22 - 23 season and for @Olesya C thanks for making the reservations for our late lunch.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Since I started this thread I would like to thank all those that came to ski today. It was good to meet members face to face and enjoy some ski runs together. Thanks for joining in on this Indoor Gathering. So for me it was day one of the 22 - 23 season and for @Olesya C thanks for making the reservations for our late lunch.
I had a great time too! It was so nice to meet you, @Uncle-A ! We’ll have to ski some runs together this winter at Blue.

Very cool to ski with @ADKmel @LiquidFeet @skiki @Olesya C. and @Uncle-A ! The snow was soft but chalky, not squidgy or wet. Dinner afterward (some bratwurst and kraut, and beer, Oktoberfest style) was yummy and fun on the patio in the sunshine. Thanks to @Olesya C for arranging!

Slalom skis or other short radius skis would be the ski du jour at Big Snow. (There were some race kids there).

Day 1 of the 2022-23 season in the pocket! :ogbiggrin:

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister