• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Now I've Seen It All - $5k designer skis

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
$5K for a Zai is not out of the norm, in fact on the lower end. Also, Zai are not posur skis, they are seriously overbuilt work class performance tools, not to be scoffed at.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
People buy $10k bikes man..crazy. Some bicycles are $17k...

That's different. Don't get me wrong-same level of travesty but easier to justify with all the tech going into a modern carbon bike.

Speaking of expensive skis, anyone here ever tried Carradan skis? I am very interested to know how 19k USD skis compare to 1k.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
$5K for a Zai is not out of the norm, in fact on the lower end. Also, Zai are not posur skis, they are seriously overbuilt work class performance tools, not to be scoffed at.

And they come with some quite exclusive customer service I hear-like replacing edges if need be and stuff like that.

Still-quite a lot of money.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Who skis them? If they are overbuilt performance tools, who’s the demographic that can ski them? Just curious. ogsmile

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Paying $5K+ for daily driver skis is no different than paying $60K+ for a daily driver car. Prove me wrong..

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
I looked at the website :roflmao:. I suppose if you are one of the children in the HBO show Succession you would buy their stuff. If you are however a real thinking human being you just laugh at the absurdity that there are people in the world that will buy this crap.

PS I love the $2,500 merino wool shell. I guess the Black Diamond mapped wool shell I bought on sale for $300 was quite the bargin!

Sponsor

Staff online