• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

OFFICIAL 2022 National Gathering at Aspen-Snowmass - February 26 - March 5, 2022

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Was thinking I might extend this trip to another IKON resort and have never been to Steamboat. Saw @theNitza & @Jim Kenney may have plans that way. Any other interest?
Thanks for the interest Dean. I'll stay in touch. I don't yet now how many days or how many in my party when I drive over from SLC. Should know more about 3-4 weeks before the Gathering and recognize you may need to make your plans before then.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
My tentative skiing on the way to Gathering:
Sun mostly PM 2/20 Tahoe
Mon mostly AM 2/21 Tahoe
Tues 2/22 Deer Valley
Wed 2/23 Steamboat (plan is for my wife to fly in on SW that evening)
Thu 2/23 Steamboat
Fri 2/24 Copper
Sat 2/25 Sunlight
The three CO places would all be new for me. But I also got an invite to stay across street from Snowbird for the week starting on 3/5 so it's possible I may need to cut back some of my pre-gathering skiing depending on my house sitting and dog watching and walking son's availability.

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
^^^ @tseeb - I'll look to join you at Copper on Friday.

There's a ton of music fans here on the SkiTalk. Want to let you know that Drive By Truckers are playing at Belly Up in Aspen on Sunday the 27th (during the Gathering). Whitney has tickets so I'm going. Happy for others to join. I haven't been Belly Up. Seems legendary.

Reserved seats are sold out. Okay by me. We have GA.
https://bellyupaspen.com/events/drive-by-truckers/

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ @tseeb - I'll look to join you at Copper on Friday.

There's a ton of music fans here on the SkiTalk. Want to let you know that Drive By Truckers are playing at Belly Up in Aspen on Sunday the 27th (during the Gathering). Whitney has tickets so I'm going. Happy for others to join. I haven't been Belly Up. Seems legendary.

Reserved seats are sold out. Okay by me. We have GA.
https://bellyupaspen.com/events/drive-by-truckers/
Some pretty big past names for a 450 person capacity club.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I saw the Drive By Truckers a few years ago at Grand Targhee's festival. It would be cool to see them in the more intimate Belly Up, which I've only stuck my head in once. Seems to have a nice ski town vibe to the place, but appears much smaller than 450 capacity?!?

I finally committed to Aspen-area lodging, staying in Carbondale Feb 28-March 4. Three days of skiing Aspen, with Wednesday March 2 at Aspen Highlands because it's free parking day. A day at Aspen Ajax, and one at Snowmass. I can park at Snowmass, but I'm going to have to figure out the intricacies of the free bus into Aspen one of these days. Brush Creek intercept perhaps?

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I saw the Drive By Truckers a few years ago at Grand Targhee's festival. It would be cool to see them in the more intimate Belly Up, which I've only stuck my head in once. Seems to have a nice ski town vibe to the place, but appears much smaller than 450 capacity?!?

I finally committed to Aspen-area lodging, staying in Carbondale Feb 28-March 4. Three days of skiing Aspen, with Wednesday March 2 at Aspen Highlands because it's free parking day. A day at Aspen Ajax, and one at Snowmass. I can park at Snowmass, but I'm going to have to figure out the intricacies of the free bus into Aspen one of these days. Brush Creek intercept perhaps?

It has been awhile, but I have parked at Buttermilk and took the bus to Aspen Mt.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
It has been awhile, but I have parked at Buttermilk and took the bus to Aspen Mt.
It might have changed but from the Buttermilk parking lot there are buses to the other 3 mountains.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So what is the rotation for the national Gathering? 2020 was Jackson Hole and this year is Aspen. Next year is SLC, correct?

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So what is the rotation for the national Gathering? 2020 was Jackson Hole and this year is Aspen. Next year is SLC, correct?

Aspen - 2022
SLC
Big Sky
Jackson Hole
Repeat...

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes. The next 3 Gatherings are planned to be Alta-bird in 2023, Big Sky in 2024, and Jackson Hole in 2025. That's subject to change of course. :) We might decide to go to Whitefish or Schweitzer or something... :ogbiggrin:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes. The next 3 Gatherings are planned to be Alta-bird in 2023, Big Sky in 2024, and Jackson Hole in 2025. That's subject to change of course. :) We might decide to go to Whitefish or Schweitzer or something... :ogbiggrin:
I’ve been wondering how much longer SLC remains an appealing destination given the increases in traffic and parking issues.

I was just at Schweitzer for 3 days over Xmas and got 3 powder days with no crowds.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve been wondering how much longer SLC remains an appealing destination given the increases in traffic and parking issues.

I was just at Schweitzer for 3 days over Xmas and got 3 powder days with no crowds.
Well, if it's truly just Alta-Bird then people could get lodging at either resort and avoid the traffic. Take a shuttle from the airport and you don't have to worry about the rental at all. Not as cheap as staying at the base of the canyons, though.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The last Gathering in UT we spent a couple days each at Snowbasin, Snowbird and Alta. Personally I’d like to do a day at Solitude and/or Brighton, as well as a day at Deer Valley since they’re all on Ikon.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The last Gathering in UT we spent a couple days each at Snowbasin, Snowbird and Alta. Personally I’d like to do a day at Solitude and/or Brighton, as well as a day at Deer Valley since they’re all on Ikon.

Just to be clear, I wasn't advocating for just AltaBird. I was going literally with what Dave put in his list. Anyway, I hit Solitude and Brighton my last trip and would love to ski them again next time out.

Sponsor

Staff online