• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Olympic Uniforms Revealed

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have so many issues with the "Russian" team that go way beyond the uniforms. The penalty the IOC imposed was the most messed up thing ever. You have this state sponsored doping program and we are banning you from the Olympics, but your athletes can come and compete under an IOC flag? This a much as anything proves the level of corruption at the IOC.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I have so many issues with the "Russian" team that go way beyond the uniforms. The penalty the IOC imposed was the most messed up thing ever. You have this state sponsored doping program and we are banning you from the Olympics, but your athletes can come and compete under an IOC flag? This a much as anything proves the level of corruption at the IOC.
Yeah I'm surprised you have any belief in the IOC to begin with. I found it quite fun when the IOC told the athletes, if you say anything bad about China while there and end up in prison, well, you're persona non grata as far as we're concerned. That's awesome that we go to a place where you end up in jail for many years because you say the King is a Fink.. Just sell your soul to make some dough.. Whores..

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
What is that symbol on the sleeves?
So if it's his personal symbol, why are we putting them on the Olympic uniforms? They're supposed to represent the country, not one dude...

Did either of you notice that the darker patches in the off-white blocks are also his personal symbol, along with the letters USA?

1642723147373.png

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
So if it's his personal symbol, why are we putting them on the Olympic uniforms? They're supposed to represent the country, not one dude...
They also have Spyter logos.. and the ceremony uniforms plug Polo

1642723229167.png

CascadeConcrete

Out on the slopes
Skier
They also have Spyter logos.. and the ceremony uniforms plug Polo
There's branding, yeah. And while I wish it wasn't there, it's kind of necessary to get companies to buy in and make this stuff. Since this guy clearly did some design work, I wouldn't mind if he had his mark on it somewhere, much like the Spyder logo. But he made it a central part of the design, arguably even more prominent than the USA on some of the pieces. That's much too far imho.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
I honestly don't think I have ever really liked any team USA uniforms. Occasionally during an opening cerimony I will comment that some country has a cool looking outfit, but it is rare. They more often look ridiculous than look good.
I like the candy cane stripes (Descente) and bruises (FIla, bottom right) in 1984.

1642727706306.png

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
The candy cane has a wonderful nostalgia for me as it was the first winter Olympics I remember and the USA was so successful. Bill Johnson, the Mahre bothers, Debbie Armstrong, Kristin Cooper, Tamara McKinney, it was just a special games. We were in Sun Valley and my brother and I needed new skis. We would not be talked out of Atomic because that was what Bill Johnson used.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
There's branding, yeah. And while I wish it wasn't there, it's kind of necessary to get companies to buy in and make this stuff. Since this guy clearly did some design work, I wouldn't mind if he had his mark on it somewhere, much like the Spyder logo. But he made it a central part of the design, arguably even more prominent than the USA on some of the pieces. That's much too far imho.
I wonder why the design was approved.. I'm guessing because nobody else knows that's some personal signature.. or they don't care. I agree there is no "I" in Team USA.. But, I'm not sure that many will notice or care that much..

James

Out There
Instructor
3F8B0E21-C6B5-4D96-B71F-52C714E14CB7.jpeg

These were Roots - and horrible. 2002
Stole a half a torn Maple Leaf found in Sarajevo.

Meanwhile, 2022-
—————
The collection features outerwear, base layers and accessories that are sustainable and technically advanced, as well as the artist’s signature Star logo and hand-painted pattern work.
———————-
Wow, the USOC really is pushing it there. Pretty pathetic.

nightingale

Putting on skis
Skier
Technically not a uniform but the Team USA skims are really ugly too. Team USA did have to approve this...

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Don't know. My Best half would complain that she will be cold in those, really cold, except in the warmest of summers nights, maybe.
This one, though, is kinda nice, neat and simple. But I cannot stand the "mistake" (is it? Or has it been done on purpouse?) of stars incorrect numbers.

Sponsor

Staff online