• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pictures From the Skintrack

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah
Took our 2 friends for their first ski tour
IMG_4791.jpeg
IMG_4788.jpeg

TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
One year ago today I skinned to work, intent on cutting out early to hit the lift served backcountry. This began the biggest storm cycle in an already excellent season.
PXL_20230227_142211385.jpg
PXL_20230227_141436942.jpg
PXL_20230227_234406841.jpg
PXL_20230227_233109751.jpg

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
We still have some snow even if temperatures are in plus all the time (unfortunately talking about celsius plus not fahrenheit) even during night, and instead of snow, it's raining every second day. So I better use it as long as it lasts. For ski touring I hope there will still be some time, when at least higher up in mountains temperatures drop at least a bit and at least during night, so snow won't be complete shit. I went on Wednesday for short skimo tour and well... if I could park car on top of the hill, it would be ok, as "skiing" down was well... not too great, as even if it was about 40degrees line, I was trying to go straight down, so I didn't need to push even on downhill, since snow was so wet and slow it didn't go anywhere.

xcski_001.jpg

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skintrack pics from another day of touring in Utah, this time with my family and local friends.

Life doesn’t get much better than traveling to beautiful places, skiing great snow in the sunshine, enjoying the quiet of the mountains and doing it all with your spouse, kids, and friends you don’t get to see very often.

:yahoo:

yours truly:
IMG_9930.jpeg

Circle All Peak in Big Cottonwood Canyon.
IMG_9933.jpeg

Last edited:

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh, and the friends who went out with us (and a guide) in the middle of the week, got home and bought their own AT boots. 2 new converts!

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
We still have some snow even if temperatures are in plus all the time (unfortunately talking about celsius plus not fahrenheit) even during night, and instead of snow, it's raining every second day. So I better use it as long as it lasts. For ski touring I hope there will still be some time, when at least higher up in mountains temperatures drop at least a bit and at least during night, so snow won't be complete shit. I went on Wednesday for short skimo tour and well... if I could park car on top of the hill, it would be ok, as "skiing" down was well... not too great, as even if it was about 40degrees line, I was trying to go straight down, so I didn't need to push even on downhill, since snow was so wet and slow it didn't go anywhere.

View attachment 227608
Nice photo! Are you skiing at some type of nordic ski training facility? Besides what looks to be an Olympic-size ski jump in the background, I see what appears to be at least 5 smaller ski jumps in close proximity to each other on the far right side of the photo. Slovenia packs a great deal of spectacular scenery into a relatively small geographic area!

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
@Daniel it's Planica... birth place of ski flying (hill in background had most of ski flying world records, except for current one) :D Otherwise yes, it's Planica Nordic center where Nordic World championships were held last year and it's currently one of two or 3 places in Slovenia, where xc skiing is still possible with this crazy weather we have.

Sponsor

Staff online