• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pop! The sound your ACL makes when it goes....

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I express it as "grunk-grunk".

Did you at least fall down? In some ways it makes it worse that both of my injuries were the result of such minor accidents that I stayed upright on my skis.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Nooooooo

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh, noooooo!

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
So Sorry, I ruptured mine in 1998 and did not operate, I was still pretty stable and did pt for 6 months strengthening the other mussels and ligaments in the affected leg. 24 years latter all still good. its really a stability issue. I was 44 years old and in great shape , I skied two weeks latter on a three day trip, I am sure at my now age 66 it would be a different story. Good luck and listen to your body. I had a large area of blood in the back of the knee that took some time to go away other than that hard work you will be all set to ski in November hopefully.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just thinking about that noise makes me shudder. Get the MRI as soon as you can, and have your sports doc prescribe a path forward, i.e. surgery or just PT.
Good Luck, Heal Well

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Heal quickly. Some skier friends of mine have done both their L&R sides. Most say getting the surgery asap is better. Then again, I know some that are skiing without an ACL, so... Regardless, I hope your recovery is uneventful.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
sooooo, you won't be skiing with us this week?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well Shit!
We need more details!!!

TS
UGASkiDawg

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
The holy trinity....ACL, MCL and medial meniscus. Skiing wasn't the culprit....dirt biking crash. No real pain whatsoever other than the minor pop feeling and sound. Rode for another hour but then it started giving out on me after getting off the bike. Maybe I should just stay on the motorcycle. Still no significant pain and only minor swelling but lots of instability. Surgery coming up on the 7th. Continuing my weightlifting (squats and deadlifts) and indoor cycling work with a brace on until surgery. Just hoping it's some minor trim work on the meniscus so I don't end up non weight bearing for 6 weeks.

Sponsor

Staff online