• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
1664550379752.jpeg

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
As a Florida resident for 9 years a long time ago, this is absolutely 100% accurate.

Ok, maybe a Cat 5, even a 4 got our attention. I remember going across town to my job DURING a Cat 2 hurricane though.

Since this is the funnies page, I'll tell about the time my wife got hit by the same hurricane . . . 3 times. She worked a lot in Puerto Rico those days. Flew to PR, hurricane hit and shut down the job for several weeks. Flew to Miami where her parents lived while I drove down from Tampa. Yup, the hurricane followed her and hit Miami. We drove home to Tampa. Meanwhile, the hurricane crossed the state and out into the Gulf. And then reversed direction and hit Tampa. I told her if it comes for her again I am leaving her.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, I had to try to actually figure that out. Apparently the NHTSA (National Highway Transportation Safety Administration) had a "Text and Whatever, Just Don't Text and Drive" campaign, with a bunch of different activities and things filling in for "whatever". So this one is literally "Text and get a haircut, just don't text and drive."

You can see some other ones in this tweet from 2019:

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, I had to try to actually figure that out. Apparently the NHTSA (National Highway Transportation Safety Administration) had a "Text and Whatever, Just Don't Text and Drive" campaign, with a bunch of different activities and things filling in for "whatever". So this one is literally "Text and get a haircut, just don't text and drive."

You can see some other ones in this tweet from 2019:

You have to wonder how many accidents happened from people driving and getting distracted by trying to figure those out...

Sponsor

Staff online