• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ulmerhutte

Getting on the lift
Skier
8D7C6D8E-81C4-4302-AFBB-9B1EB989B38A.jpeg

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I know a couple of people like this...

View attachment 120911
Sounds like an audiophile! Where are our Hi-Rez digital downloads? You can't approach live sounding and analogue sounding quality with digital unless you buy this $5000 R-2R DAC but it will sound like a $200 UDB DAC if you use your computer as a source so you need to purchase a $5000 server/streamer with custom motherboard (not off-the-shelf); a dual linear power supply, three asymmetrically aligned feet tuned to the resonant frequency of the chassis to combat microphonics all of which six months from now will depreciate 90% with the next HD format unsupported by this gear hits the market, and then a $30 - $50 per month subscription to stream Tidal, Deezer, Amazon Music HD or whatever service is still in business by the time you read this. All just to get CD quality resolution. Oh and you can spend a mint on HiRez uncompressed digital downloads that'll max out your SSD before you can finish loading the B side of the LP only to lose it all when the SSD and backup HD crashes!
Honestly, you can't make this S#it up! Just watch the youtube videos of the guys in the Audio review business since there are just about no more HiFi shops to hear their spiel and then scratch your head when the gear doesn't sound any better than when in your car and requires a half day long setup ritual and an entire household room of its own just to use the stuff - you'll hear it all!

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I don’t get it.
That guy in glasses is the star of the show that the headphone-kid's shirt is referencing. So presumably headphone-kid is a big fan and will never know how close he was to the star of the show. (The show is Dr. Who)

Last edited:

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Sounds like an audiophile! Where are our Hi-Rez digital downloads? You can't approach live sounding and analogue sounding quality with digital unless you buy this $5000 R-2R DAC but it will sound like a $200 UDB DAC if you use your computer as a source so you need to purchase a $5000 server/streamer with custom motherboard (not off-the-shelf); a dual linear power supply, three asymmetrically aligned feet tuned to the resonant frequency of the chassis to combat microphonics all of which six months from now will depreciate 90% with the next HD format unsupported by this gear hits the market, and then a $30 - $50 per month subscription to stream Tidal, Deezer, Amazon Music HD or whatever service is still in business by the time you read this. All just to get CD quality resolution. Oh and you can spend a mint on HiRez uncompressed digital downloads that'll max out your SSD before you can finish loading the B side of the LP only to lose it all when the SSD and backup HD crashes!
Honestly, you can't make this S#it up! Just watch the youtube videos of the guys in the Audio review business since there are just about no more HiFi shops to hear their spiel and then scratch your head when the gear doesn't sound any better than when in your car and requires a half day long setup ritual and an entire household room of its own just to use the stuff - you'll hear it all!

I have Tidal, $19.99/mo for the Master quality account. I can clearly tell the difference between Hi Fi and Master and I have high frequency hearing loss. Focusrite Thunderbolt interface into JBL 802's.

Sponsor

Staff online