• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
1614394274204.png

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Kid: I feel like you're always making up rules and stuff.

Parent: Like what?

Kid: Like if I don't clean my room a portal will open and take me to another dimension.

Parent: Well, that's what happened to your older brother.

Kid: What older brother?

Parent: Exactly.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I ordered one of those pre-fab concrete steps for my house. The delivery guy claimed not to be able to place steps 180 degrees rotated from how he had to take it off the truck with his fork lift, not his job to place the steps, just deliver them. I did not see the point in jumping up 5 feet only to climb down steps to end up way below my front balcony landing. I wonder how much of a kick back he would be getting from contractors who place the steps. Being in a weakend stage from diabetes doing a number on my legs I was not up to lifting a couple of thousand pounds of concrete, rotating it and sliding it into place. Back to the supplier it went. I now have cedar steps.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I ordered one of those pre-fab concrete steps for my house. The delivery guy claimed not to be able to place steps 180 degrees rotated from how he had to take it off the truck with his fork lift, not his job to place the steps, just deliver them. I did not see the point in jumping up 5 feet only to climb down steps to end up way below my front balcony landing. I wonder how much of a kick back he would be getting from contractors who place the steps. Being in a weakend stage from diabetes doing a number on my legs I was not up to lifting a couple of thousand pounds of concrete, rotating it and sliding it into place. Back to the supplier it went. I now have cedar steps.
I wonder if you offered a tip for placing them the way you needed if he would have been more cooperative?

Sponsor

Staff online