• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
and still does. Which is why Verizon wants everyone on FIOS. Its a feature and unregulated. Once they have enough people off of copper they can make a rate case to do away with provider of last resort.
I worked in NJ in the late 80's and there were still party lines on digital switches. It wasnt a point of wanting to get rid of it, it was mandated to have if you had enough people with party lines. So if you have a person south, west, north, and east the last people on their party lines, there are 4 seperate party lines and people alone on a line and paying party line service. We tied them all together so that they were on a party line again, most paid for a private line, at that point the company was able to get a rate case to get rid of party lines.
What part of NJ did you work and who did you work for? By the late 80's I was working in the International Division of AT&T. If you want to talk about this off the public forum you can PM me.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
1620506361417.jpeg

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
My favourite science teaching thing involved the merry-go-round, conservation of circular momentum. Get it spinning real fast with a dozen people pushing it, then everybody but one person go to the centre. I had great fun doing getting wrecked and doing it with friends. We took turns being the outside man, and laughing at whoever fell off. Never got to do it with a class though. Serious injuries could have resulted from being unable to hang on and being thrown off, but fortunately they didn't.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I have no problem with this, my foot keeps on making clockwise circles as my hand draws 6. However, I've always drawn six in a clockwise fashion, from the inside-out. Do others draw it counter clockwise?
Yes. Do you write your 0 or start your 8 clockwise as well?

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
A senior citizen drove his brand new Corvette convertible out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, he floored it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little gray hair he had left. Amazing, he thought as he flew down I-94, pushing the pedal even more.

Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a state trooper behind him, lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120. Suddenly he thought, What am I doing? I'm too old for this, and pulled over to await the trooper's arrival.

Pulling in behind him, the trooper walked up to the Corvette, looked at his watch, and said, "Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a reason for speeding that I've never heard before, I'll let you go."

The old gentleman paused. Then he said, "Years ago, my wife ran off with a state trooper. I thought you were bringing her back."

"Have a good day, sir," replied the trooper.
See Less

Sponsor

Staff online