• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Random Stuff

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
If any of our USA based members are looking to take ski trips out of the country next season make sure your passport is up to date. I heard a report on TV today that the USA passport office has at least a six month backlog. So check your passport before you book a trip because if you are within six months of expiration you might be out of luck.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
...and you thought your job was bad...
These guys were cleaning the athletic field markings with hand tools, in the sun, on a 90 degree day.
20230726_162328.jpg

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Cleaning?
Yes, cleaning. At first I thought they were repainting, but there was no paint. They made repeated raking motions along the lines.
It is artificial turf. I suspect they were removing debris and making the fibers stand up. Compare the yellow line the guy has processed to what he hasn't done yet.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
RIP Pee-Wee

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 2.58.00 PM.png

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The dark, violent, and funny origin of the Muppets... Jim Henson did a very long series of Wilkins Coffee commercials. The voices may be familiar even if the puppets aren't...

Uncle-A

Skier
A question for any of the tool people in the community, I had to make a couple of quick cuts with my reciprocating saw so I took it out of it's case plugged it in and tried to start it. Nothing happened it was dead. So I checked the plug and that was good, next I checked the trigger and that seems to be working, and last I looked I checked the brushes on the motor and they looked good. I know it worked when I put it away last time I used it so now I am stuck. Anybody have any ideas what to try next? Before anyone asks it is a Craftsman saw.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
A question for any of the tool people in the community, I had to make a couple of quick cuts with my reciprocating saw so I took it out of it's case plugged it in and tried to start it. Nothing happened it was dead. So I checked the plug and that was good, next I checked the trigger and that seems to be working, and last I looked I checked the brushes on the motor and they looked good. I know it worked when I put it away last time I used it so now I am stuck. Anybody have any ideas what to try next? Before anyone asks it is a Craftsman saw.
Did you check the breaker?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Make sure you have juice going to your saw. Check receptacle, plug and cord.
You should hear a slight hum when you pull the trigger even though the saw is not running. No hum usually means no juice to the motor. Check the trigger.
Plug the saw in. Bang on the side of the saw toward the front by the hand grip with a mallet while holding down the trigger.

Still doesn't work? Unplug the saw and remove the blade guard and work the spindle manually several time. That will usually free it up enough for the motor to get it moving. Very often the grease on the spindle had hardened over time.

Uncle-A

Skier
Make sure you have juice going to your saw. Check receptacle, plug and cord.
You should hear a slight hum when you pull the trigger even though the saw is not running. No hum usually means no juice to the motor. Check the trigger.
Plug the saw in. Bang on the side of the saw toward the front by the hand grip with a mallet while holding down the trigger.

Still doesn't work? Unplug the saw and remove the blade guard and work the spindle manually several time. That will usually free it up enough for the motor to get it moving. Very often the grease on the spindle had hardened over time.
I have checked the outlet and the cord and they fine. Using my meter I had continuity through the trigger but it wasn't easy holding the trigger and the meter to run the test. I thought I explained that it was good up to the brush's. There is no buzz from the motor and I did move the blade chuck back and forth once. I will have try the trick with the hammer and continue to troubleshoot from there. Thanks.

Uncle-A

Skier
No internal fuse?
I couldn't find one and I don't have the owner's manual. I don't know the model number because it is not on the outer casing of the saw. Thanks

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This is about as random as it gets:ogbiggrin:

Sponsor

Staff online