• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snowbound Expo in Boston Nov 18-20, 2022

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
It won't necessarily help any time wise, but for anyone coming from the West or North of Boston, you might want to consider parking at the Riverside T and taking the green line to the convention center if you don't want to deal with Boston driving or Boston parking rates.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was just looking at the exhibitor list and I think there are only a dozen resorts. I don’t know if it’s out of date but big mountains like Sunday River and Sugarloaf aren’t on the list this year.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was just looking at the exhibitor list and I think there are only a dozen resorts. I don’t know if it’s out of date but big mountains like Sunday River and Sugarloaf aren’t on the list this year.
I looked again tonight and no real updates. No Ski The East listed and they're always there. No mention of the big sale that usually happens, either. I'm setting my expectations really low this year.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I looked again tonight and no real updates. No Ski The East listed and they're always there. No mention of the big sale that usually happens, either. I'm setting my expectations really low this year.
But we will be there ... you can only handle so much excitement.

311495530_5330610313722778_4930279242393061748_n.jpg

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
By big sale, do you mean the Country Ski and Sports set up at the back of the hall? They lost their monopoly. They will have their warehouse sale and own mini "expo" this coming weekend in Hanover, MA.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Who's your waitress?
I was told that you were going to be waiting on us. Now, make sure my eggs are over medium and my hashbrowns are crispy!
We are at the yellow square. I don't like cold eggs.
floorplan.png

Last edited:

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone, @Tony S want to head down from Maine on Saturday. Was thinking about taking the train.

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
By big sale, do you mean the Country Ski and Sports set up at the back of the hall? They lost their monopoly. They will have their warehouse sale and own mini "expo" this coming weekend in Hanover, MA.
The clothing/gear/equipment sale section at the last Boston event was unimpressive. Mediocre selection and a quick phone search showed prices higher than online stores. I think they bank on people getting caught up in the cold of the moment and buying without thinking.

It is a fun way to get into the spirit of the season, I plan to take my two guys this year. I expect them to last ~23 minutes before they are bored. :rolleyes:

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Big is perhaps too strong a word but yeah, that's the one.

The clothing/gear/equipment sale section at the last Boston event was unimpressive. Mediocre selection and a quick phone search showed prices higher than online stores. I think they bank on people getting caught up in the cold of the moment and buying without thinking.

It is a fun way to get into the spirit of the season, I plan to take my two guys this year. I expect them to last ~23 minutes before they are bored. :rolleyes:

I agree but I've managed to score good deals on goggles and helmets in the past. I'm not expecting much but it's nice to browse sometimes. You never know what you'll find.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've never been impressed either at the show or at their warehouse sale. Yet they are always packed. At their stores sales aren't worth much either. Buy one get one half off for coats. Doesn't do me any good if I only want one coat. At the show you can buy boots, skis, and bindings, and then buy a "discounted" mount for around $60. Or one year at the ski show they had a multi deal on goggles. It was something along the lines of buy one for $50, 3 for $160. Ummm...

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've never been impressed either at the show or at their warehouse sale. Yet they are always packed. At their stores sales aren't worth much either. Buy one get one half off for coats. Doesn't do me any good if I only want one coat. At the show you can buy boots, skis, and bindings, and then buy a "discounted" mount for around $60. Or one year at the ski show they had a multi deal on goggles. It was something along the lines of buy one for $50, 3 for $160. Ummm...

I got lucky a few years back on some Smith IO goggles. I don't recall the discount but it was pushing 40% off.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I'm going for the social fun, not the $ bargains.

I wouldn't go at all if not for reconnecting with people. Parking, riding on public transportation, getting swag I don't need, navigating messy crowds, rebreathing strangers' used air, standing in lines for questionable bargains, using dirty bathrooms, not fun. I'm not a crowd lover.

Reconnecting with ski friends and talking with them about skiing before the season starts, definitely fun and worth all the annoyances. I'm eagerly looking forward to going.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I'm going for the social fun, not the $ bargains.

I wouldn't go at all if not for reconnecting with people. Parking, riding on public transportation, getting swag I don't need, navigating messy crowds, rebreathing strangers' used air, standing in lines for questionable bargains, using dirty bathrooms, not fun. I'm not a crowd lover.

Reconnecting with ski friends and talking with them about skiing before the season starts, definitely fun and worth all the annoyances. I'm eagerly looking forward to going.

Good attitude. Objectively in the age of the internet and information resources like here there is nothing really to commend ski shows except the "experience" aspects. Hence why I think organisers are going more all in with celeb speakers and the "show" side etc.

At least your attendees seem to be more ski related than some in the UK flogging toffee vodka or vegan cat treats or whatever.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Tony will be in the Ski Maine! booth. They’ve got a fog generator and a sleet shooter. Kids can blast their siblings dressed in protective ski wear while on the ski carpet.
Greg Sweetser - long the Ski Maine guy - is an acquaintance. His family runs a nearby orchard. He would never be dumb enough to let me represent ... just about anything.