• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snowbound Expo in Boston Nov 18-20, 2022

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just did a little recognizance of what deals might be available at Snowbound next week by checking out the Country Ski and Sports warehouse sale/ expo. Ikon is doing $50 off a pass, Saddleback has a transferrable 4 pack for $199, and I think Cranmore had a 3 pack but that might not have been a ski show only thing. Waterville Valley didn't have ticket deals but is advertising rental of their "Harpoon Skybox" which is a private slopeside suite. (It sounds fun for a group thing-- leather couches, fireplace, tvs, private section of the bar, private bathroom , changing room with shower, and a large group dining table. Midweek prices start at only $111 midweek with a 20 person minimum, and that includes lift tickets, brekkie, lunch and après chips and salsa. If anyone has a pass or Indy already, they'll discount.) The one vendor there that will not be at Snowbound was Mountain Ski and Sports Club. I picked up a discounted ticket for Loveland from them since I'll be in CO a bit this winter. Not a big "expo" but it gave a taste of what's in store for next week.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
OK, question for the locals ... with the storm coming in ... what should we pack for clothing, considering we will will be taking a detour up to NH for some manufacturer visits.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
1668529301626.png

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It's chilly today in MA.. I'm around an hour West of Boston and it is 38 degrees right now at just about lunchtime and it was 23 degrees when I took my dog on our morning walk at 7:30am. Seems that will be the trend through the weekend, and it's probably a bit colder depending how far North you will go. Daytime highs will be low 30s and lows look like teens overnight up there. So I'd just pack typical winter layers and include a good warm jacket if you'll be spending time outside. I use a heavy North Face fleece when in and out during the day right now and feel fine, but in the morning I was in a long down jacket when outside for a 20-30 minute walk, and was very cozy. Some light gloves might be appreciated as well if spending time outdoors. My hands are always colder than most people, so ymmv.

I always find the Expos so hot with everyone in there regardless of the temperature outside, so don't overdress there.. or at least wear layers so you can shed.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For those attending the show, check the roll call thread ...

Also, we will be speaking
Friday 2:30-3:00pm Upcoming Exciting Ski Gear for the 2022/23 Season
Saturday 10:30-11:00am Everything you need to know about buying your first set of skis

With the show opening at 2:00, we are on the stage at 2:30, looks like we might be the first speakers. :eek:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
OK, question for the locals ... with the storm coming in ... what should we pack for clothing, considering we will will be taking a detour up to NH for some manufacturer visits.
Dress for cold. Real winter cold. Use layers.
In NH you may need full winter gear, and if you pack light you may regret it.

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Where to and when? Here in Hanover we're still looking at highs near 40 and lows in the high 20s, except for the weekend when it will be cold. Not much precip in the forecast either. Don't expect much more than a dusting from the "storm", but I'm at low elevation. I-89 could potentially get interesting beginning around Warner.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Where to and when? Here in Hanover we're still looking at highs near 40 and lows in the high 20s, except for the weekend when it will be cold. Not much precip in the forecast either. Don't expect much more than a dusting from the "storm", but I'm at low elevation. I-89 could potentially get interesting beginning around Warner.
We will stay over in Manchester then head over to Lebanon. 11/21-22

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
We will stay over in Manchester then head over to Lebanon. 11/21-22
Here are two Northeast predictors of high and low temps from NOAA. Once on the page use your cursor to adjust what day the graphic focuses on. Looks like it will be cold and snowy this weekend and afterwards.

For a more exact and accurate weather predictions created by a brilliant ski-focused forecaster, not just created by a computer model like NOAA, go to Skiology Matt's weather page on Facebook. Check back daily, or even several times each day. He loves to tweak his forecasts and everything he does is geared to skiers. His descriptions of what's going on in the atmosphere and how it affects skiing are fun to read. And he makes great graphics, if you prefer to avoid reading his long posts. His viewership is huge and he spends unbelievable amounts of time producing his forecasts. So far his forecasts are free, but I don't expect that to last much longer. https://www.facebook.com/SkiologyWx/

Last edited:

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Really? . . . Jacket, gloves, hat, boots . . . you'll be fine. Stay off the road if it's actually snowing. Distances are relatively short here, so you can travel once the snow has stopped.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Really? . . . Jacket, gloves, hat, boots . . . you'll be fine. Stay off the road if it's actually snowing. Distances are relatively short here, so you can travel once the snow has stopped.
Yup. If the weather here were really that bad the skiing would be much better than it is.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'd say the main thing to keep in mind with the temps is that we get the damp cold, not dry cold. But other than that just look at how much snow they ended up getting further north before you leave and try to calculate how deep the slush banks will be at the side of the road to pick your footwear.

James

Out There
Instructor
Face it, the weather is going to be a nightmare. Either too warm or too cold and damp.
There will be skiing at Killington.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Face it, the weather is going to be a nightmare. Either too warm or too cold and damp.
There will be skiing at Killington.
We toyed bringing our boots and staying for the WC and skiing some but in the 11th hour decided against it.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Setting up...
We are at E10 which is right next to Dan E-gan. :roflmao:
Nice! Wish I could do the almost four hour journey to Boston this weekend to meet up and check out the show, but it's not in that cards this weekend. Have a good show!

Sponsor

Staff online