• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Spoiled Teenager Alert!!

Nitrobunny

Taking care of business...it’s what I do.
Skier
But now there is a digital trail.

That is a valid point indeed! Life was much better when we were free to be stupid and not leave receipts of said behavior behind.

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Spoiled teenager update...... @Nitrobunny was kind and generous enough to take her Marriot points and book us lodging at the Springhill Suites Jackson Hole through the Christmas holiday so another Father/Son road trip will be jumping off later this week. Booking Advanced Level Max 3 all day lessons for us and/or the Max 3 Powder Up lesson session at Grand Targhee. We will do a day at Targhee, a day at Jackson, and depending on which was the better skiing we'll do our third day there. Naturally, Jackson is the cheaper option as I'm an MCP passholder but if Targhee is skiing a lot better than JH I'll spend the money and return there. We shall see...... Watching the weather closely. Looks to be some snow coming in this week out there. Praying for a dump. I've been shut out my last three trips.......

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Spoiled teenagers are the ones who turn their nose up at day trips with dad and stay home sitting in their rooms playing video games and face chatting with their friends instead of going skiing on their new gear.

One only goes on overnighters now and only when her friends aren't planning something more important like a trip to the mall.

Kids who still prefer to ski with dad over staying home regardless of the gear quality are the ones who aren't spoiled!

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Spoiled teenagers are the ones who turn their nose up at day trips with dad and stay home sitting in their rooms playing video games and face chatting with their friends instead of going skiing on their new gear.

One only goes on overnighters now and only when her friends aren't planning something more important like a trip to the mall.

Kids who still prefer to ski with dad over staying home regardless of the gear quality are the ones who aren't spoiled!

Ah, I sense sour grapes maybe..... That would bum me out if he passed on a ski trip. He does blow me off on other stuff, but not skiing lol. Well, I take that back, he has blown off skiing at our little 350' of vertical local hill a few times. He's all in for the mountains. You know you can't get this time back. It's been very important to my wife and myself that we put the time and effort into these trips for him. I literally died this past February. I'm fortunate to be here. He doesn't fully grasp what really happened. Anyway, I try to show him the better things in life and that the world and life is so much bigger than what he is living at his mom's. Few things in this world will humble you like the snow covered steeps high in the mountains. It's been very rewarding and hopefully it has an impact on him as he grows into a man. He'll graduate from high school in a year and half and hopefully go on to college. I know his time in the mountains have taught him many things and I've been very proud of what I've seen of his character during those times. I expect this trip to be no different and I'm confident it will only further ingrain the life lessons, memories, and love I am sharing with him.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Ah, I sense sour grapes maybe..... That would bum me out if he passed on a ski trip. He does blow me off on other stuff, but not skiing lol. Well, I take that back, he has blown off skiing at our little 350' of vertical local hill a few times. He's all in for the mountains. You know you can't get this time back. It's been very important to my wife and myself that we put the time and effort into these trips for him. I literally died this past February. I'm fortunate to be here. He doesn't fully grasp what really happened. Anyway, I try to show him the better things in life and that the world and life is so much bigger than what he is living at his mom's. Few things in this world will humble you like the snow covered steeps high in the mountains. It's been very rewarding and hopefully it has an impact on him as he grows into a man. He'll graduate from high school in a year and half and hopefully go on to college. I know his time in the mountains have taught him many things and I've been very proud of what I've seen of his character during those times. I expect this trip to be no different and I'm confident it will only further ingrain the life lessons, memories, and love I am sharing with him.

I will get him back next month. He gets his learner's permit next month. Pretty sure he's all in to drive us.. AKA ME.. to the mountains over the holiday break. 14 year old girl is totally out most likely though.. Just glad I got her out enough to be fully functional on greens and easy blues before she outgrew the father daughter stuff.. they always come back after high school though..

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I will get him back next month. He gets his learner's permit next month. Pretty sure he's all in to drive us.. AKA ME.. to the mountains over the holiday break. 14 year old girl is totally out most likely though.. Just glad I got her out enough to be fully functional on greens and easy blues before she outgrew the father daughter stuff.. they always come back after high school though..
My daughters didn't start to figure it out until they were in their mid 20's...... They try to tell him to listen but you know how that goes......:huh::doh:

Nitrobunny

Skier
I am beyond thrilled to be able to put a trip together for my husband and his son and I have always encouraged him to spend as much time as possible with him. My three sons are all 36 years old but when they were younger we enjoyed many a ski trip. Their teenage years were full of awesome trips and memories that have lasted through the years. Unfortunately my career has thrashed my body to a degree where I can no longer enjoy skiing and many of the other sports I enjoyed all my life. That being said I started skiing as a kid and enjoyed a good 40 years of it, all over the world. All things in balance and everything is a trade off. I enjoyed a career that also took me all over the world, doing things most people only dream of so I’m not ungrateful. When we first moved into our house Jeff pointed out Pine Knob Ski Resort not even a mile down the street. I said “Awesone! Get the kid on the mountain!” He got his son out on the mountain and the rest is history.

This time last year our lives were changed forever when we discovered a mass in Jeff’s left kidney. That wasn’t the worst of it. After having surgery in a world famous cancer center my husband was bleeding to death right before my very eyes, tachycardic and hypotensive, I screamed and yelled for 14 hours and personally ran down his surgeon before Jeff was rushed into surgery again at 2:05am on the 22nd of February. They had lacerated his spleen during his first surgery. He went into cardiac arrest twice and was given four and a half liters of blood products. It’s a miracle he’s here and if he wasn’t in the physical shape he was before the surgeries, he would have never made it. Jeff won a bronze medal in the first race he entered not even a month prior.

Needless to say we are very close and very bonded couple. We are both cancer survivors, both grateful for every moment of every day and I am thrilled he enjoys a sport I enjoyed so much. He’s my designated skier! His son is the very last of our six kids to leave the nest and as Jeff mentioned we are making every attempt to show him that there’s nothing out of reach for him if he puts the effort in. Trust me he is spoiled. He doesn’t answer texts and phone calls usually unless there’s something in it for him and he puts forth a tenth of the effort he should in his academic work but still we keep nudging him along. He’s going to be 18 in less than a year and a half and right now he doesn’t have a solid plan. When it comes to skiing he attacks the mountain and gets up without complaint when he crashes. If he applies those lessons learned to all aspects of his life, the kid would have it made. So do your best snow dance, I’d love to see them get an awesome dump of snow. I love Jackson Hole and I can’t wait to hear what a fantastic time they had.

Attachments

• ECF15001-9932-496A-BA36-4775B32AAFB4.jpeg
    ECF15001-9932-496A-BA36-4775B32AAFB4.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 24

Nitrobunny

Skier
Spoiled dog alert? New Years Eve is also our anniversary and upon returning home last night from dinner, look who was occupying our bed? Evidently it’s Samson’s house, he just lets us live here and store Jeff’s skis here when not in use!

Attachments

• 9A935C3D-5D56-471B-9689-ECE4450FE989.jpeg
    9A935C3D-5D56-471B-9689-ECE4450FE989.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 16

Sponsor

Staff online