• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Preliminary reports from ESPN say that Tuesday's game against the Ravens has been pushed to Wednesday.

Hell the way it’s going I about half expect the NFL to have the Steelers play Washington at 1pm Sunday and then have them play again versus the Ravens at 820pm.

Course, in reality the 3rd team and practice squad guys should do well against Washington so the impact should be minimal. Lol

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Wednesday's game will be played at 3:40 PM and the game with the WFT was pushed to Monday. No time announced yet. I thought it would be pushed to Tuesday so as not to compete with regular Monday Night Football so now I would guess the WFT game will also be late afternoon.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
3:40 on a weekday. Great job, Goodell, you moron! 5:00 on Monday isn't exactly great either.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Set up your DVRs, TiVos, or VHS tape recorders (I bet there are a few out there) and stay away from any source that might reveal the score and enjoy a recorded game. I seldom stay at home to watch a Steelers game on a nice Fall or snowy winter Sunday. As long as I don't know the score it is just as entertaining. And I agree Goodell is a moron.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Great job, Goodell, you moron!

At least in this case the morons running the league are trying to accommodate COVID issues.
And, when Cam Newton tested positive, the NFL allowed the Pats to postpone game with Broncos.
Meanwhile, we in Denver are livid Goodell did not see fit to postpone Broncos game even though Broncos had no quarterbacks.
As a result of both, Denver lost its bye week, and was completely uncompetitive against the Saints. I'm sure other NFC teams vying for best record in conference are really happy about that.
League doesn't even try to hide its double standard.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Non-Steelers content, but we will allow it at this time. :golfclap:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
As long as I don't know the score it is just as entertaining.

I can't do it... I want to know too badly, and it just bugs me the whole time I'm trying to watch the game. Even once I know the score, I sometimes will still watch it on fast-forward, to catch any big plays.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
League doesn't even try to hide its double standard.

I think the difference is in containment... the Denver outbreak was viewed as contained and not spreading; So it was "safe" to play the game. The Ravens outbreak kept finding new cases each day and was clearly spreading, so it wasn't safe to play. At least, that's what I've heard, and it makes some sense.

I guess in this case, Denver could have been helped by purposefully having someone else get COVID to postpone the game, which is a really weird circumstance.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
As for the 3:40 start time, the Pittsburgh media is reporting that is on NBC (has broadcast rights for the game) that instead wanted to broadcast the 30 Rock Christmas tree lighting.

I think the difference is in containment... the Denver outbreak was viewed as contained and not spreading; So it was "safe" to play the game. The Raven's outbreak kept finding new cases each day and was clearly spreading, so it wasn't safe to play. At least, that's what I've heard, and it makes some sense.

I guess in this case, Denver could have been helped by purposefully having someone else get COVID to postpone the game, which is a really weird circumstance.

Also, some speculation that teams that are not following protocol will now be punished for their willful carelessness by allowing games to go forward. It was reported that all 4 of Denver's QBs met indoors maskless. This is just sports talking heads speculation. As for the delay until Wednesday that will actually help the Ravens because RBs Dobbins and Ingram could be available.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Also, some speculation that teams that are not following protocol will now be punished for their willful carelessness by allowing games to go forward. It was reported that all 4 of Denver's QBs met indoors maskless. This is just sports talking heads speculation.
It's not all speculation. The Saints have already been fined $500K and lost a draft pick. Denver may see some punishment too. But I don't think whether or not the games are played is intended to be "punishment".

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Perhaps not punishment in a literal sense but more this is a mess you created by ignoring protocol so we are not going to offer relief by rescheduling since the outbreak is contained. I'm not at all saying that this is the case. I'm just repeating what some Pittsburgh sport commentators are speculating.

On a much more important note, there is almost 5 inches of snow on the ground outside my south Butler county home and it is still coming down. My wife saw on Facebook that 7 Springs is making snow. My guess is there will be skiing there this weekend if not sooner. I doubt I'll be going unless I use my 1 freebie from my Laurel pass. Earlier today media reported 8.5 inches at Ohiopyle so there should be significantly more at higher elevations.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My Cowboys suck this year, and I hate the Steelers but like Terry Bradshaw. That's all I got, carry on...

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It’s got to be against some law to mention the Cowboys in a Steelers thread, right?? Lol
No, no... I think it's OK in certain circumstances.... like this:

1606874158914.png

1606874188406.png

You're just not allowed to mention Super Bowl XXX results (or Neil O'Donnell in any positive way).

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No, no... I think it's OK in certain circumstances.... like this:

View attachment 116557

View attachment 116558

You're just not allowed to mention Super Bowl XXX results (or Neil O'Donnell in any positive way).
The Boyz won the last Super Bowl don't forget, and the Steelers and Boyz have played 33 times, Boyz ahead 17 to 16. Just say'n....

Sponsor