• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
How many of you are also Bucs and Penguins fans too? There's a number of yinzers on this thread but I know that the Steelers Nation is far and wide.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
They're most likely not going to sign Villy. Cap crunch n'at. Pouncey won't be cut but, as you said, he may hang it up.
Huge roster turnover forthcoming due to free agency. Sigh... :(

We're probably going to all lose all of the following: Big Al, Feiler, Conner, Ju Ju, Bud, Wormley (good D-line depth guy), and Hilton. Probably going to have to cut Vince Williams too. Maybe cut Decastro to save $ also.

My main guys to keep in FA are Cameron Sutton, Zach Banner and Tyson AluAlu. Anything beyond that is gravy given the cap situation. It's going to be ugly and it'll be tough to make the playoffs next year.

I would not be surprised if they try to renegotiate Ben's contract even if Ben retires before the end of a new long term deal. That would give them cap space and kick Ben's cap hit down the road again. It was reported that DeCastro has been playing hurt all year but the end is near for both him and Pouncey. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out but I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to keep Bud who might be devalued because of his ACL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
How many of you are also Bucs and Penguins fans too? There's a number of yinzers on this thread but I know that the Steelers Nation is far and wide.

Pens fan and if I had to be a baseball fan it would be the Buccos but they have not given us much to cheer about.

Because of covid realignment, the Pens find themselves in a very competitive division. Many think the door has closed on the Crosby/Malkin era. The season opener ended like last season. We'll see how they do against the Flyers tonight.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So I guess if you're a real Steelers homie you pull for the Browns today. I'll be pull for them, not because I'm Steelers fan, but just wanna see Mayfeild and the Browns get one.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So I guess if you're a real Steelers homie you pull for the Browns today.
What? No. Never.

Ravens loss last night? Good. Browns loss today? Good.

I can be happy for Browns fans if they win. But I'd never root for it.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^^^This. I can’t root for the Browns or Ravens, and I grew up in Maryland. I’d like to see the Bills get a title.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm wearing a Mayfield Sooners jersey today. I don't think they have what it takes to win out, but Baker is definitely an all time OU legend now. It was surprising that they beat the Steelers twice in one month, with Rudolph, and Roth..

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
I think I'll root for the Bills but the Browns, well It wouldn't upset me too much if they knock off KC. Let's see who else plays for the Chiefs? Some guy by the name of Bell. I'd rather see the Browns got to the AFC Championship game. On the NFC side, any team that does not have a Brady or a Brown on their team will be okay by me.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I think I'll root for the Bills but the Browns, well It wouldn't upset me too much if they knock off KC. Let's see who else plays for the Chiefs? Some guy by the name of Bell. I'd rather see the Browns got to the AFC Championship game. On the NFC side, any team that does not have a Brady or a Brown on their team will be okay by me.
Blasphemer! Oh... wait... rooting against Bell... good point... hmmm...

Can both teams lose? :ogbiggrin: Go Bills!

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Blasphemer! Oh... wait... rooting against Bell... good point... hmmm...

Can both teams lose? :ogbiggrin: Go Bills!

I didn't say I want the Browns to win it all. I said I wouldn't be upset if the Browns upset the Chiefs. If that were to happen then I'll root against the Browns just as I'll root against Tampa Bay. I'm really only for the Steelers. Speaking of which, there are reports saying that the Steelers have offered the job of Offensive Coordinator to Matt Canada who was brought on this year as quarterbacks coach but I have no doubt that the Steeler fans here already know that.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I saw this plate at Squaw and thought of you guys.

806EFEC9-A2BC-4FF7-A4AE-73802001DBBD.jpeg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm rooting Bills... I mean, yeah they're near me..but..WIDE RIGHT!!!! WIDE RIGHT!!!!!!! :roflmao:
I'm just glad the Bills took over for the Vikings as the world's worst Superbowl team. Atlanta's got the title for worst choke..

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Could somebody in the Steelers organization get Terry Bradshaw to stop embarrassing himself in commercials?

Edit: I saw some of Terry's encounters with Turkey Jones, so I have a good idea of at least some of the cause for his behavior.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online