• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Someone just pointed out to me that if the teams tie tonight, they both go to the playoffs. Could they just decide not to score tonight? 0-0?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Someone just pointed out to me that if the teams tie tonight, they both go to the playoffs. Could they just decide not to score tonight? 0-0?
Yes... they could kneel for 70 minutes theoretically.

Both teams have been asked about it and claimed they'd never consider doing something like that.

bleacherreport.com/articles/10023181-rich-bisaccia-dismisses-raiders-playing-for-tie-vs-chargers-to-clinch-playoff-spot

(add your own "HTTP://" because Bleacher Report won't link correctly)

wiread

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The game is a series of ebbs and flows, kind of like life. You work hard so you can withstand the bad times and you keep pushing so you don't quit and miss the good times and hopefully time doesn't run out on you.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
A Pittsburgh sports writer thought that the issue with Ben's slow first half has to do with the o-line. We have an undersized rookie at center that never really played the position in college. We have a rookie left tackle. I could go on but the short of it is, they are just not that good but defenses tire so by the second half the o-line has an easier job giving Ben more than a second and a half to throw the ball.

So what chance do the Steelers have against the Chiefs? About the same chance the Steelers had of making the playoffs.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So what chance do the Steelers have against the Chiefs? About the same chance the Steelers had of making the playoffs.
The Chiefs are currently at a -13 spread. So pretty huge favorites. Per some gambling sites, that gives KC about a 90% chance to win.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
The Chiefs are currently at a -13 spread. So pretty huge favorites. Per some gambling sites, that gives KC about a 90% chance to win.
Sportscasters in town were saying that the Steelers' chances for making the playoffs were at 4% before Sunday's game so a 10% chance to beat KC is not too bad. With covid who knows who might be available to play. I'd be okay if the 7th seed made t to the Super Bowl. :ogbiggrin:

Sponsor