• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
The offense looks better, except for the scoring part. Kenny passed for over 300 yards. Harris has been a disappointment. Warren has been the better running back. I can't believe that the highest paid defense in the league sucks so bad without TJ.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Here's hoping that a series of embarrassing losses finally opens some eyes to the fact that this is a bad team and has been for a long time. There is simply no part of this team right now that should be feeling secure in their job.

From the guys who wear the headphones down to the guy who polishes the helmets; start updating your resume and finding a new line of work.

Sure, we'll be in line for some high draft picks next year, but does anybody really think that Tomlin and crew would manage to draft some players who can actually, you know, play? I sure don't.

On the bright side, we shouldn't have to listen to "Tomlin's never had a losing season" for much longer. Unfortunately, the Tomlin lovers will just find another reason to worship the ground he walks on instead of realizing that HE CAN NOT COACH.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
...and Claypool actually looked like his rookie self. So, if Pickett is cleared to play this week, should he start, or should we go with Mitch? When Mitch started the season, he looked like he was playing it safe and didn't trust his receivers to win the battles. Yesterday I think he realized that you have to play to win. Kenny looked good on that first drive but not so much after that. So is it the scheme or the execution?

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
The defense was great, except for four dropped interceptions. Pickett looked calm and in control except for three interceptions. The running game is subpar and makes one wonder if drafting Najee Harris was a mistake. It looked like Miami would roll over us, but the D adjusted and kept two high-flying receivers in check. The O, well, Collingsworth highlighted several replays that showed a patchwork Miami secondary smothering our receivers. That is cause for concern.

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
Pickett looked calm and in control except for three interceptions
He looked like an NFL quarterback.

I was surprised because, as a Penn State fan and Northeast/ Southeast PA guy, I don't watch a lot of Pitt football. Or any, really. Looks like that program developed a good one.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The running game is subpar and makes one wonder if drafting Najee Harris was a mistake.
I thought it was the day they did it, given the state of the O line, even at that time, and it hasn't gotten better. A high end running back is a piece you can try to find later, when the team has less needs. And if you don't find a real star, the back you do find will usually be pretty good at least. The fall off to lesser backs simply isn't usually that big compared to other positions. Case in point, Warren looks pretty good. (And there are innumerable examples of good backs being found late or as backups.)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Tomlin's welcome to come take a crack at turning the Panthers around.. I bet he's getting offers at this point.

Sponsor