• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
No, but I've been reading Taos threads. I'm already preparing for the humiliation.

Don't look at it negatively. Think of it as a accurate, honest and unbiased evaluation of the technical aspect of your skiing.

I chose to ignore that particular piece of advice. I think he just wants to see his natural mortal enemy (an architect) cartwheel down mogul runs.

Nah, even though I am a contractor. I do not think of architect and engineers as my mortal enemy. I like to think of all of us being on the same team. Working together. You guys make money for me. That is always a good thing.

I have no wish to see anyone starfish down the bumps. But s**t happens. Just in case, I will give you a personal intro to Slim.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We need to start a new thread! 2021-22 ski week in Taos! I am hoping to bring my son's fiancé. She's into it. I told her one week in Taos lessons and you will be able to ski everywhere Gavin goes. He's trapped in dental school and they are getting married in April 2022 so ski week should be perfect timing! @Sandy_NYC I'm hoping you will hook her up with the young folk. She's 24.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't look at it negatively. Think of it as a accurate, honest and unbiased evaluation of the technical aspect of your skiing.

Nah, even though I am a contractor. I do not think of architect and engineers as my mortal enemy. I like to think of all of us being on the same team. Working together. You guys make money for me. That is always a good thing.

I have no wish to see anyone starfish down the bumps. But s**t happens. Just in case, I will give you a personal intro to Slim.

Just to be clear, I was kidding on both counts. ogsmile

As architects go I'm the type that likes to be on site and gets along with contractors pretty well versus the ones who wear all black and think of themselves as an artiste.

I'm not sure who Slim is but I hope I don't need to use his services. :philgoat:

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Taos at the end of January. Aspen starts about 3 weeks after Taos ends. It really sounds like just one extended trip. And make-up ski for having treated you so badly this season.

I have every intention to be at both the Taos and Aspen Gatherings. I wish I could just take the whole month off but alas I have a job that actually wants me to be there. Plus my wife would kill me ogsmile

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Bump. Any decisions on dates for next year yet? I know it's still this season, but I am bringing my son's fiancé for ski week and she is a very busy, very successful photographer and needs to block out the dates.

She is finally becoming a somewhat avid skier and I am hoping to increase the addiction!

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Well I can't make guarantees this early unfortunately... but the most likely dates are January 29th - Feb 5th.

That's not the traditional last week of January. This would not work for me. Why were these dates the ones you thought we would use?

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
That's not the traditional last week of January. This would not work for me. Why were these dates the ones you thought we would use?
Because they're a month before the national Gathering. The last few Taos Gatherings have been:

2018: Feb 3 - Feb 10
2019: Feb 2 - Feb 9
2020: Jan 25 - Feb 1
2021: Jan 30 - Feb 6 (cancelled)

So 2020's the only time it's been wholly in January (for the ski days, anyway) ... I figured on posting a thread in August or September to settle on the week. I suppose I could say the likely choices are either Jan 22 - 29, or Jan 29 - Feb 5.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Because they're a month before the national Gathering. The last few Taos Gatherings have been:

So 2020's the only time it's been wholly in January (for the ski days, anyway) ... I figured on posting a thread in August or September to settle on the week. I suppose I could say the likely choices are either Jan 22 - 29, or Jan 29 - Feb 5.

And I hope that the pattern continues. I think it was you or @Tricia who said the 2022 Gathering is likely to fall on Feb 27 - Mar 5th. I sure hope so as I just booked a condo at Snowmass Village for those dates. VRBO is already 40% sold out of condos for those dates at SMV so I took the chance. Luckily it's 100% refundable until 2 weeks before the trip if I have to change it. I believe Feb 20-26 will be school vacation week, at least for some of the country.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier

OK, so 2020 was the exception, not the rule.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
What week is women’s ski week? It might be best to avoid that due to additional crowds.
I don't see anything online for next season. The most recent one I see anything about was Feb 2-7 2020. That could translate to Jan 30 - Feb 4, or Feb 6 - 11, 2022.

Sponsor

Staff online