• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

chip inderhol

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
[QUOTE="Philpug, post: 568755]
As much as I love a Pivot 15, I jsut couldn't bring myself to putting one on Salomon ski.

Phil, le français est français. Ils skieront bien.;)

Attachments

• tempImage7OTVga.png
    tempImage7OTVga.png
    901 KB · Views: 44

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
New boot day. I have had problems with every single custom foot bed I’ve ever had in the exact same place so with these I’m trying just the stock foot bed to start. If that solves what always feels like a marble under my arch I will be ecstatic. Ginzi and Rado (the shop dog) helped with the fitting process.

D69CD787-C227-406B-B356-9613958FE681.jpeg FA20EFCD-95BD-4891-A4EB-775022F2A032.jpeg

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Id go to a place with shopdogs!

Right? The owners of this shop have become friends over the years so it's always good to see them and catch up. It was also nice to be able to bring in my newly adopted dog to be with me.

Honestly, this fit was the best experience I've ever had. They do a fantastic job of guiding the customer through the decision-making process and focusing the attention on the right areas to get the best possible fit. We all know that it's easy to focus on the forefoot but that's generally also the easiest area to fix with modifications. He's also the first that has looked at cuff alignment for me. I was down to 2 boots (this and a Salomon S/Pro) so it was only then that he went through the "features" of the boot and the fact that this boot has a mechanical cuff alignment built-in and its slightly lower cuff height made the final decision.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
New boot day. I have had problems with every single custom foot bed I’ve ever had in the exact same place so with these I’m trying just the stock foot bed to start. If that solves what always feels like a marble under my arch I will be ecstatic. Ginzi and Rado (the shop dog) helped with the fitting process.

View attachment 123120 View attachment 123121
Sweet! I love this boot! I hope you resolve the footbed issue and enjoy skiing these!

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Right? The owners of this shop have become friends over the years so it's always good to see them and catch up. It was also nice to be able to bring in my newly adopted dog to be with me.

Honestly, this fit was the best experience I've ever had. They do a fantastic job of guiding the customer through the decision-making process and focusing the attention on the right areas to get the best possible fit. We all know that it's easy to focus on the forefoot but that's generally also the easiest area to fix with modifications. He's also the first that has looked at cuff alignment for me. I was down to 2 boots (this and a Salomon S/Pro) so it was only then that he went through the "features" of the boot and the fact that this boot has a mechanical cuff alignment built-in and its slightly lower cuff height made the final decision.
I mostly know neighbours around me, that own dogs :D Gotto love thoose furry things (not a dog owner myself)

also yay on good boot fitting ;)

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got to take out my “new” 2013 Dynastar Paradise (same as the Slicer) this past week in lots of new snow. Holy moly, what a fun ski! Really fun in bumps, easy to vary turn shape, likes carving in soft snow. They were an Ebay purchase, never mounted, so basically “new.” I certainly didn’t need them, but upon remembering how fun those skis were, I couldn’t resist the nostalgia of owning them. It was a great $75 purchase. ogsmile

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
My first North American ski purchase since relocating to the U.K. in 2015, Blizzard SL FIS from Colorado Discount Ski Shop (thank you @James for encouraging me to go with Blizzard FIS!). I had been avoiding pulling the trigger on Ski Essentials or Corbetts gear for fear of getting hit with big import duties on top of the international shipping costs.

But I had no duties to pay to release the skis to me, and the parcel sailed through customs. Ordered February 1 and the parcel was in the U.K. Friday, although too late for delivery before the weekend.

I think what did the trick was CDSS setting the value of the skis at the $ equivalent of £130 threshold for VAT surcharge. Certainly I paid more than triple that. Had I known it would be this smooth I would’ve added the XComp bindings from the shop, but I got a good deal on those from my local London shop, set-up included.
3811330C-8D24-4B6B-B7AC-661CCA82C33A.jpeg

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
My first North American ski purchase since relocating to the U.K. in 2015, Blizzard SL FIS from Colorado Discount Ski Shop (thank you @James for encouraging me to go with Blizzard FIS!). I had been avoiding pulling the trigger on Ski Essentials or Corbetts gear for fear of getting hit with big import duties on top of the international shipping costs.

But I had no duties to pay to release the skis to me, and the parcel sailed through customs. Ordered February 1 and the parcel was in the U.K. Friday, although too late for delivery before the weekend.

I think what did the trick was CDSS setting the value of the skis at the $ equivalent of £130 threshold for VAT surcharge. Certainly I paid more than triple that. Had I known it would be this smooth I would’ve added the XComp bindings from the shop, but I got a good deal on those from my local London shop, set-up included. View attachment 123673
Too funny I just bought skis from a www.skibartlett.com in the UK and had them shipped to the US. Skis order Jan 30th, bindings mounted Feb 2, skis are now in LA enroute to Seattle. Even with the shipping cost the price was very reasonable. Got my daughter a pair of Blizzard Bushwhackers with Attack 13 bindings.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I think what did the trick was CDSS setting the value of the skis at the $ equivalent of £130 threshold for VAT surcharge. Certainly I paid more than triple that.
He means CDskis (Colorado discount skis).
Huh... I'm surprised they didn't put the actual value, as that would usually affect the shipping insurance and claim if they are lost. Perhaps that's all they actual valued them at for replacement purposes. (It could be illegal on CDSkis part too, depending on UK law I guess. Things I've imported to the US have been subject to duties and the companies can get caught if they put artificially low values on them.)

AlpedHuez

Skier
Too funny I just bought skis from a www.skibartlett.com in the UK and had them shipped to the US. Skis order Jan 30th, bindings mounted Feb 2, skis are now in LA enroute to Seattle. Even with the shipping cost the price was very reasonable. Got my daughter a pair of Blizzard Bushwhackers with Attack 13 bindings.
This is my London ski shop. I have been one of their better customers the last few years, and they try to tell me I don't need any more skis or boots. Resistance is futile!

AlpedHuez

Skier
Who/what is CDSS?
Was the sole purpose of this enquiry (the full shop name having already been stated in the post) to call them out in your follow-up post? Not out to narc on shop here. They probably have standards. Did cross my mind there would be one person who would raise suspicions ...

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January