• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Never-Ending Faction Discussion

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Mounted them up, 3cm back.
D53FC537-D165-4BBA-AE35-8613CA7F2B64.jpeg

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Mounted them up, 3cm back.
View attachment 182532
If you hit those bindings with an old toothbrush, an all purpose cleaner and use a Magic Eraser(especially on the white parts) they would look like new.
Just went through that the other day with a set of used skis I sold for a friend that had white bindings and it was surprising how much brighter they looked after 30 secs of cleaning.

4ster

Instructor
If you hit those bindings with an old toothbrush, an all purpose cleaner and use a Magic Eraser(especially on the white parts) they would look like new.
Just went through that the other day with a set of used skis I sold for a friend that had white bindings and it was surprising how much brighter they looked after 30 secs of cleaning.
And I was trying to figure out how to get the toes to fade out to the shade of the heal piece ogwink .

(Just kidding)

4ster

Instructor
Just to confirm, @4ster mounted his 1.0s 3 cm tailwards from the 'traditional' mount point marked on the ski, is that the correct reading?
That’s what I did but the marked point on the ski is not ‘traditional’, it is for a center mount. Whether or not it is correct, we will never know but where I put them looks like where I want them. The white line you see in my photo is 3 cm back from the factory mark on the ski. The mark on my boot lines up with the white line on the ski. Hopefully it works for me, I will report back once I ski on them. The only time I ski switch is when I am helping the groms or there is a strong headwind.
3187335E-7E54-4B0B-965C-686D6D6641BD.jpeg

Someone on here was thinking they would put demo bindings on so they could experiment. It will be interesting to hear what they find out.

Last edited:
TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Just to confirm, @4ster mounted his 1.0s 3 cm tailwards from the 'traditional' mount point marked on the ski, is that the correct reading?

That’s what I did but the marked point on the ski is not ‘traditional’, it is for a center mount. Whether or not it is correct, we will never know but where I put them looks like where I want them. The white line you see in my photo is 3 cm back from the factory mark on the ski. The mark on my boot lines up with the white lineon the ski. Hopefully it works for me, I will report back once I ski on them.
Someone on here was thinking they would put demo bindings on so they could experiment. It will be interesting to hear what they find out.
The marked Triangle/recommended mount on the CT and now Mana line is the most forward mount of the 3cm “mounting range” and is the called the CT/New school mount point. For those mostly in the park who often ski switch.

Back -1.5cm from that is the “Progressive mount” and where you’d mount a demo binding as it’s the middle of the mount range. For those wanting the ability to drive the ski or ski in a centered stance.

-3cm back from CT mark is the Classic/Traditional mount used for those used to more traditional mount points.

The rest of the the Faction ski line up in 21 or 22 is the opposite for factory marked mounts as they only mark the “Classic/Traditional” mount point and you move +1.5cm to the Progressive mount and +3cm to the Newschool/CT mark.

Think the 23 skis now marked all three mount options on the skis so it’s much easier.

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
The marked Triangle/recommended mount on the CT and now Mana line is the most forward mount of the 3cm “mounting range”

That's exactly where my confusion stems from - I remember seeing at least two marking points on a '21 CT 1.0 (Can't confirm atm)

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
That's exactly where my confusion stems from - I remember seeing at least two marking points on a '21 CT 1.0 (Can't confirm atm)
Think there was a ski that was super early 20(for 20/21 year) like my CT 2.0 183cm that had super confusing markings on the side. They had boot Center and Candide labelled with lines that were actually forward of Center, then the skis tape measure ski Center beside Candide lettering.
Then there’s a triangle marked(just in front of 183) which is the actual correct CT mount point as well.

698AA0FE-BA69-4226-BFDC-4044B697D516.jpeg

All later 21 CT skis dropped the confusing writing and just have the CT mount Triangle marked.

7F90B52A-3744-4AF9-9236-FBF9BC71EC39.jpeg

my07mcx2

Getting off the lift
Skier
decided to go with the Marker Griffon the CT2. taking to get them installed this weekend.

Attachments

• faction one.jpg
    faction one.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 17
  • faction two.jpg
    faction two.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 18

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That’s what I did but the marked point on the ski is not ‘traditional’, it is for a center mount. Whether or not it is correct, we will never know but where I put them looks like where I want them. The white line you see in my photo is 3 cm back from the factory mark on the ski. The mark on my boot lines up with the white line on the ski. Hopefully it works for me, I will report back once I ski on them. The only time I ski switch is when I am helping the groms or there is a strong headwind.
View attachment 182582

You did well. I mounted mine at.....heck, I forgot. Need to ask @GregK for he made me do what I did :roflmao: I believe -2...or was it -3... but too afraid to look into the abyss of our PMs and recall the agony. It wasn't an easy decision let me tell you.
But I love the end result.

Last edited:
TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
You did well. I mounted mine at.....heck, I forgot. Need to ask @GregK for he made me do what I did :roflmao: I believe -2...or was it -3... but too afraid to look into the abyss of our PMs and recall the agony. It wasn't an easy decision let me tell you.
You’re at -3cm from the CT mark on the CT 1.0

4ster

Instructor
The funny thing is that I set my boot on the skis mark and moved it back to the point where I thought it looked correct. When I measured -3 CM it was almost exactly where I had eyed it.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The funny thing is that I set my boot on the skis mark and moved it back to the point where I thought it looked correct. When I measured -3 CM it was almost exactly where I had eyed it.

I tried to do the same with my Wildcats 108. It turned out the position that looked good to me was -8 cm :roflmao: :roflmao:
No further proof I cant be trusted with these things was needed.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Late to the party with this response, but on my skis just one triangle on the side wall of the ski. That is all they do on the ski, they do have a good video that explains exactly what Greg has said already. If you zoom in you can see the triangle above the text on the right ski

IMG_20211112_155002146.jpg

IMG_20211112_154610993.jpg

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Late to the party with this response, but on my skis just one triangle on the side wall of the ski. That is all they do on the ski, they do have a good video that explains exactly what Greg has said already. If you zoom in you can see the triangle above the text on the right ski

Sorry, I got distracted by the Comprex and the K2s :D

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The comprex are still skiable with Marker MRR bindings, I have an old pair of Look N77 to mount on the K2's, well past their prime, but save for retro days if needed.

I find the Salomon X-Drive 88mm, 184cm long an interesting comparison to the Faction CT 1.0 which are 92mm, 183cm. A lot more tip width on the X's.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Prepping the skis for tahoe this weekend :). Got a thumbprint with margin structure set (a bit hard to see). Super excited!

20221109_230152.jpg

Last edited:

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
They yellow with red is very colorful, but doesn't go with wax and picture details at all.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Prepping the skis for tahoe this weekend :). Got a thumbprint with margin structure set (a bit hard to see). Super excited!

View attachment 182691
Can see the structure on certain angles. Yellow bases are a bit of a pain for showing dirt but a wax hot scrape usually cleans them up pretty good.

Let us know what you think!
Think it will be a few weeks before I get to hit artificial snowed groomers with mine. Lol

Sponsor