• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
I went long on my AR's for my build (182) when I could have easily gone with the 175, and I wouldn't say I regret it... but they're definitely more directional, precise, and deliberate then I think they would have been in the shorter length. I think i'll likely pick up a pair of AX or SC in the 175 length to compliment them for a more playful piste carver. I can make this ones turn sharply by pressuring them, but if the groomers are already pushed around it can be a little dicey to keep them flexed while on edge.

AndréL

Booting up
Skier
AR 175 for your height and weight.

AR is better than SC for the conditions you described above. Without the fresh snow, I suspect you would like the SC.
Yeah agreed. Trying to be rational now and find reasons to not buy the last pair of 2021 175 AR that are on sale at the shop.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We had converted many ladies to the 85W once they demo one of Mamie's.
A friend of mine just tried and bought a pair of the '19-'20 167 Motion 85s from another friend (no, I didn't get a broker fee!). After 2 days she's a bonafied Stockli cult member and loves the skis. She's skiing better and faster also!

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m convinced the SR95+ must be top of the class in powder.

I kinda doubt that. :ogbiggrin:
For cuff deep they are excellent, anything deeper than that you will need proper powder ski.
SR95 really shine on soft, moguled afternoon chop where they are simply unbeatable. They are also mighty fine on anything up to a steep (very) icy terrain although truth be told their edge hold is quite fine (not with the factory recommended tune tho, no).

AndréL

Booting up
Skier
What are you choosing for Bindings?
My ARs just arrived:yahoo:
The stock DXM 13
Laser AR  Stöckli.png

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Kids are alright...Celebarting early... last of 5 kids is almost finished with college ..My Frontside Jam View attachment 126754

In addition to the above: It'd be real nice if you would share your opinion on the WRT ST in 172.
A comparison to others on this wall will be real welcome.
I have an almost irresistible urge to add the 172 to the 180, it is just the length that bothers me. I'd really like these to be available at 175.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
In addition to the above: It'd be real nice if you would share your opinion on the WRT ST in 172.
I have an almost irresistible urge to add the 172 to the 180, it is just the length that bothers me. I'd really like these to be available at 175.
You guys with this much scratch: Please consider forming a SkiTalk demo pool with your cast-offs. Thanks in advance.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Not to fear: the STs at 172 have stability and power to spare. Mine are 172s: 6'1", 160 lbs.
Given the performance of the AX at 175, I hesitated to drop to 172 as well, but turns out they're more than up to the task. For that matter, my VRT SLs at 170 are more stable at speed than my AXs were.

Sponsor

Staff online