• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The NEW 23/24 Dobermann RD boots

Triplet

Chasing the perfect fit, ENTP :)
Skier
You see it here forst folks (well I saw it on Instagram first :roflmao: ) - the all new Doberman RD boots, and as what I spot they are ditching the flex numbers and going for "M" for Medium flex, most likely. :ogcool:

According to @Brian Finch it's rumoured to be a lot like the Lange.
I like the stealthy look if anything :wag:
Screenshot_20221215-161343.png
Screenshot_20221215-161400.png

Last edited by a moderator:
TS
Triplet

Triplet

Skier
There is a Soft LC version named Dobermann 5 RD, looks like they are going the Head way with the naming.
IMG_1714.jpg
IMG_1713.jpg
IMG_1715.jpg

TS
Triplet

Triplet

Skier
Does not look like a Lange to me, very very different.

It's kind of a lower instep boot as well, I like this. And it seems it has oversized lugs.
Next to a STI 130. (I touched the photo to make it more contrasting).

Edit: these are the coolest racing boots I've ever seen(look at the inside of the boot)...

Screenshot_20221219-182337.png
IMG_20221219_180308_963-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20221219-191516~2.png

TS
Triplet

Triplet

Skier
A bit speculative but from what I've seen so far in different places the flexes might be Soft(110, LC also), M for Medium (120??), S for Stiff (130), ES for Extra Stiff (150).

Simonsays

Booting up
Skier
These must be the boots Lara Colturri has been skiing on (Well hers being the full factory version). Noticed she was using black boots in all WC races so far but Tecnica's Firebird range has always been orange. Seeing as the Tecnica and the Dobermann have been the same boot/last since ~2014 then I expect we will see the same a Tecnica branded version shortly.

Looks great if a bit gimmicky with all the cut outs. Hope they haven't messed drastically with the shell shape over previous version.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Noticed she was using black boots in all WC races so far but Tecnica's Firebird range has always been orange.
There were a few years in the mid 2010s where the Tecnica plug was also black. Granted that was before they "rebranded" as Firebird.

But yeah, we'll probably see the Tecnica version soon.

Mike B

Putting on skis
Skier
The dobie's cuff looks like its an inch and a half higher than the sti. I guess if you have a long tibia that might feel great. After skiing in a nordica yesterday and my sti today i think my lower leg shaft prefers the lower cuff. The atomic TI has a higher cuff also. I know they gear the sti towards female and junior racers, but I really suspect it depends on your lower leg length more than anything (besides the plastic thickness, zepa angles and stiffness). Otherwise, nice to see a change from nordica, even if the old dobie plug is proven. I have last years 150 still in a box just in case.

TS
Triplet

Triplet

Skier
A bit more details about the flexes, interesting...
Here's a link in case the PDF doesn't open.

Attachments

• Dobermann 5 93-96 mm..pdf
    840.3 KB · Views: 250

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
So what does ES, S and M stand for? I guess it can't be Extra Soft, Soft and Medium since there is a SOFT that is softer than ll of those. Is it something Italian?

Vendome1888

Booting up
Skier
Does the "5" , used for all types, stand for Dobermann generation 5? or other?
Back in the day, the matt black Dobermann boots were sold as XS, S and M

TS
Triplet

Triplet

Skier
A bit speculative but from what I've seen so far in different places the flexes might be Soft(110, LC also), M for Medium (120??), S for Stiff (130), ES for Extra Stiff (150).
Here you have my earlier guess, ogwink

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_0791.jpeg

I had a chance to play with this boot today and I alll I can say is wow. i would not want to deal with these on a cold day, LOL. Nordica nailed the design and the internal shape of the boot. I tried the 93 mm in a 26.5, which is my measured but I usually ski a 25.5, I am not sure I would subject my feet to the work that would be needed to ski the 25.5. Where past Nordica boots were 305mm in a 26.5, these are a 300mm. The heel pocket is one of the narrowest I have been in and the forefoot is indeed snug. the liner is a very nice design with not only laces with a heel lock bands but a velcro strap closure at the top. The only thing missing is I would have liked to see the neoprene toe box come past the first and fifth mets a la Rossignol and Zipfit.
IMG_0792.jpeg IMG_0790.jpeg

Simonsays

Booting up
Skier
For more info found this 23/24 Nordica catalogue online: p46-49 for the new Dobermann RD. Think a pair of 5 RD in a M flex 25.0 will be on my try on list. Anyone actually selling these yet?

The details suggests sole is at DIN already with pre-drilled plate holes.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online