• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Kemperski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Sounds like great first turns for the SE, actually anywhere, bet it was funner than the WRODs in Colorado right now. wish I could've made it --- and really wish TM was on the Indy pass... I asked folks there last year and they said that was never likely to happen.

What about the over 60 discount ---is it only at 61? I turn 60 in Feb

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like great first turns for the SE, actually anywhere, bet it was funner than the WRODs in Colorado right now. wish I could've made it --- and really wish TM was on the Indy pass... I asked folks there last year and they said that was never likely to happen.

What about the over 60 discount ---is it only at 61? I turn 60 in Feb
60 and over for season pass discount, dunno on day tickets. I was 59 when I paid for the senior pass one March for early discount on the next ski season, turned 60 a few months later. It is a great deal.

And the food prices are so reasonable. They make it up on beer prices upstairs.

No way TM goes to Indy or Ikon. They are not hurting for business and have to pay off the 10+ mil in investments. They’d rather do it their own way, without losing any control. They have a very successful business model.

Skimunky

Booting up
Skier
I skied Wednesday at Timberline. It was the first day I've ever skied before Thanksgiving. The conditions were great, dare I say perfect. Here are a couple of helmet cam videos:

White Lightning -
Upper\Lower Dew Drop -
In regard to lift ticket prices, I'd like to pass along a post from Facebook's Timberline Mountain WV Fan Club group. There are some interesting discounts listed for the Northface club including a 4 pack of weekday tickets that can be used once per week. It appears that these discounts can be shared to non-members of the group. It worked for me. Here is the post:

Reposting: The Nov 1 30% discount is approaching.
Steep discounts on Timberline Mountain 2022-2023 Season Passes!!!
30% off Full Price until Nov 1
20% off Full Price until Dec 1
10% off Full Price after Dec 1
Join the Northface Ski & Snowboard Club and get even steeper discounts than what are posted on the Timberline Mountain website. If you missed the early bird discounts, join the Northface Ski & Snowboard Club and get your pass now! And Timberline Mountain is graciously extending this pricing to friends and family! Share this post or just the link and login with your friends, and family.
You can also share this with your rental clients!
Just join the club and it’s money!
Improvements this year:
· Expanded Beginner Area with additional beginner-friendly carpet lift
· Lighting from mid-mountain to the base area for extended operating hours
· New Loading Conveyor on our mid-mountain chair lift for an easier loading experience
· Increased Rental Equipment inventory
· Increased Snowmaking Capacity with over 6,000 feet of new snowmaking pipe,
o 19 new snow guns, and the repositioning of 11 existing tower mounted guns for better coverage
See the table for a price comparison.
How to purchase your club pass online:
1. Go to www.timberlinemountain.com/clubs.
2. Select club name NORTHFACE .
3. Sign in to the club page (username: Northface , pwd: thunder).
4. Use the 3-line menu in the upper left corner and select the pass you would like to purchase.
Note: The 4 Visit Club Pass is listed under “Club Passes”. All other season passes are listed under “Club Season Passes”.
a. Enter the quantity and click “Next”.
5. Sign in to your personal account.
a. You will need to create a new account from this page.
6. Use the drop-down menu to select the passholder name.
a. After selecting the guest, double-check that all of the information is accurate.
b. Select an option for the season pass photo method that you would like to use.
7. Click “Continue”.
8. After selecting and adding all items to your cart, click “Checkout” and proceed through the checkout process to finalize your club membership.
9. After you purchase your pass, you can pick it up at Timberline Mountain’s ticket window the first day you are there during the 2022-2023 winter season.
a. Check www.timberlinemountain.com for hours of operation.
10. Enjoy a great winter season at Timberline Mountain with your ski/snowboard club!
Please call Timberline Mountain at 304-403-2074 if you have any questions or need assistance purchasing your pass.

Last edited:

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Looks like I can be there Saturday for some turns. Anyone here going to be around?

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
That sure looks to be a commitment to doing what can be done in a short snowmaking window. Unfortunately This colder weather doesn’t look to be sustaining.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
That sure looks to be a commitment to doing what can be done in a short snowmaking window. Unfortunately This colder weather doesn’t look to be sustaining.

With the new and improved system, hopefully enough to get us to the pattern shift, which is supposed to occur later next week. Fingers crossed

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
With the new and improved system, hopefully enough to get us to the pattern shift, which is supposed to occur later next week. Fingers crossed
We have a heck of a decent negative AO which is trying to shove the cold air down to us but as long as the PNA is negative which has given the west their coldest November in 20 years and a great early start to ski season.... we are stuck with this stubborn ridge in the east that shunts that cold back away....only good thing about this pattern is that its still very early season...get it over with now instead of later!......Im blaming it on La Nina.....

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
We’re supposed to get a pattern shift at some point. Let’s hope. Yesterday was memorable.
All three main models from this mornings ensembles show the 15th to the 16th as when our ridge gets broken down...I'm leaning that way ...seems to be consistent in the last few runs.

Attachments

• gem-ens_T2ma_us_42.png
    gem-ens_T2ma_us_42.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 9

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
All three main models from this mornings ensembles show the 15th to the 16th as when our ridge gets broken down...I'm leaning that way ...seems to be consistent in the last few runs.
Leaning but not convinced until the PNA heads to neutral and positive...

Attachments

• pna.gefs.sprd2.png
    pna.gefs.sprd2.png
    697.1 KB · Views: 8

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
We need a weather pattern change quickly. A week ago it was supposed to start tonight, now looking a full week later. They are going to be up against it, to get to 100% open by Christmas

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
We need a weather pattern change quickly. A week ago it was supposed to start tonight, now looking a full week later. They are going to be up against it, to get to 100% open by Christmas
No significant cold air before Sunday night. But things look better for next week. We don’t need snow, just cold air and the snowmaking system will do the rest. THINK COLD.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
No significant cold air before Sunday night. But things look better for next week. We don’t need snow, just cold air and the snowmaking system will do the rest. THINK COLD.
It's been really consistent on the models for the main cold to arrive on the 15th into the 16th and staying for at least a week and maybe more before the cold relaxes and regroups for another push??....there is the backside of a system at the end of this weekend which JF brought up that they might be able to use to patch things up a little bit but that window will be short..
I'm thinking XMas will be fine basewise .who knows weatherwise ..

Sponsor

Staff online