• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Some models are predicting even more snow, but I will gladly take ten—what a PERFECT setup for the beginning of snowmaking at Timberline Mountain.....
The 10 inch amount will be someplace along the spine from south of the shoe on up to the north sods...a place that gets a good fetch from the lakes...like I earlier posted a band that hovers for awhile...don't get too happy JF because if Canaan doesn't get that lucky draw then you could be setting yourself up.(me too) for that "Perfect" slam from the Pinraiser!!

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Workers seem to be cleaning up anything laying on slopes and smoothing out the few remaining piles of dirt. Hopefully we'll have some pictures of those new blowers at work in the next 24 hrs.

James

Out There
Instructor
Hey, can you send those guys to us? We just leave trees all over the place and blow snow over it.

PT22

Booting up
Skier
UPDATE ON SNOW MAKING... spoke to Timberline front office today AND the head snow making dude (his new nickname) happened to be in the office. He said they upgraded/installed new pumps at the water source, and increased the water capacity... they now have DOUBLE the snowmaking capacity for the mountain that was available in the past. Installed/finishing the installing of new permanent snow blowers, and added new portable guns as well (which will be on upper twister and several other runs). This now gives them 100% snowmaking coverage on the entire mountain this season (that includes the portable guns they have to move around). There words to me as follows... "we've been watching the extended weather forecasts for the month of December, and as long as the weather holds as predicted (20's and below at night) our goal is to have snow made on 100% of the mountain, with all runs covered, by Christmas". That is what they are shooting for, and its great news!

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
Okay, The Perfects just got me. See Timberlines new "Snow Report" link. The link to the Timberline webcams are there. I was sooo looking forward to watch them blow tonight. What did the link, link to? Yep, Perfect North Slopes. :roflmao:

Phaceplanter

Booting up
Skier
Okay, The Perfects just got me. See Timberlines new "Snow Report" link. The link to the Timberline webcams are there. I was sooo looking forward to watch them blow tonight. What did the link, link to? Yep, Perfect North Slopes. :roflmao:

I saw that. I was just looking at the PNS webcams and thought, hmm, wonder if they have webcams up at Timberline yet... They did and then I thought wait a second, that looks a lot like the ones at PNS... Oh well, nobody's Perfect.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
The Perfects have over achieved...according to the unfinished TLM snow report the altitude of the mountain is 6000’, nearly 2000 feet higher than when they purchased the place about a year ago!!!
The Colonel
They also report a 540 average annual snowfall....they did state that their longest run is now only 1 mile vs Salamanders 2 miles..Hmmmm..maybe they plan on putting a lift a mile down on Salamander to service the "Sunday drivers"..and then cut another trail on the steep side letting the hardcores fly down the steep drops and run out without killing the Salamanders...
On a great note they report a 16 to 40 inch base..all that with only 14 hours of snowmaking and a few inches of natural!...Perfect!!!$$$

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Not yet. I think the humidity is to high. I'll try to send a picture when they are turned on. I got a new phone with an operating camera. Early Christmas for me.
Snowshoe turned theirs on yesterday afternoon and have been blasting all night long...got down to 20 and its like 22 now...if they are not blowing its because they are not ready..

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Snowshoe turned theirs on yesterday afternoon and have been blasting all night long...got down to 20 and its like 22 now...if they are not blowing its because they are not ready..
this is a live shot at the bottom of SS..this is what it should look like at TM...
snow.jpg

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Don't kill the messenger!!!...lol...but it would be a big disappointment if they don't have something blasting away...
They were racing around playing with the guns this morning. I'll be disappointed if they don't start up today.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
They were racing around playing with the guns this morning. I'll be disappointed if they don't start up today.
One good thing if they are delayed in firing up the system is that it will allow the ground to freeze up hard b4 they lay that blanket down..jus tryin to think positive!

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Some of the fans on the guns are blowing but not spraying yet. Six pack is running. Maybe 4-5 inches of snow on the ground but the wind is blowing so hard it's difficult to say. I'm hoping to see them blowing in the morning with some baby whales.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Some people watch football and follow the score..me..I watch it too but I love making a Storm predict for snow and then watching the "Game"...right now towards the end of the 3rd qtr as of 7pm Canaan has 7.2 inches..ive been tracking a slug of moisture...am I the only one that stares at Sat loops all day?...that slug has been looping around and is heading for the Strike zone...im thinking that 10 inch mark is in play...gonna be close....now what is wrong with the Perfect snow making system?...they allready spoiled by Canaans natural snow?

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Went for the xtra point for the 10 inch win and it was Blocked!...by freezing drizzle...9.7 inch storm total.....

Sponsor

Staff online