• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tried Enforcer 104's - Want something else...

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I ran the numbers via that Soothski website (I cant remember his name, but saw you conversing with him recently about the M5 vs M6 and he linked his website) - and the M102 in 191 is really stiff... So I figured I should ask, haha.

Re: The Bonafide 97 and Sender Ti - Used skis seem tough to find this year. I cant find the Bonafides used either, but my local shop has 3 pairs of slightly used Sender Ti's in 187 for a fair price, which is intriguing. The M102's I'm going to have to source from ebay.

Did the Enforcer 100 change for 21/22? The guys at the ski shop also mentioned that ski.

Great feedback, thanks. We are the same size (ish), and it sounds wont feel pushed around on the 191's!
I ran the numbers via that Soothski website (I cant remember his name, but saw you conversing with him recently about the M5 vs M6 and he linked his website) - and the M102 in 191 is really stiff... So I figured I should ask, haha.

Re: The Bonafide 97 and Sender Ti - Used skis seem tough to find this year. I cant find the Bonafides used either, but my local shop has 3 pairs of slightly used Sender Ti's in 187 for a fair price, which is intriguing. The M102's I'm going to have to source from ebay.

Did the Enforcer 100 change for 21/22? The guys at the ski shop also mentioned that ski.

Great feedback, thanks. We are the same size (ish), and it sounds wont feel pushed around on the 191's!
I ski the 186cm 20/21 Enforcer 100, and the 21/22 is the same ski except graphics. I skied the 185 in the older version. I weigh just under 180. I can't imagine you wouldn't love it. Definitely stiffer tail than the 104. From Real Skiers!

Nordica Enforcer 100 - 2022​

Nordica-ENFORCER-100.jpg

While there are no statistics I can point to substantiate my argument, I would contend that the Enforcer 100 is the most powerful model in the All-Mountain West pantheon. It earns this distinction due to an extra-high camber line that begins to load with stored energy from the moment you stand on it. Nordica alleges that the Enforcer 100 surrenders half of its baseline to rocker: 30% in the front and 20% of the rear running surface are pulled off the snow at one of the most aggressive angles in the genre. Yet despite this inherent loss of snow contact, the Enforcer 100 doesn’t ski “loose,” not at all. The tip and tail are made of the same stern stuffing as the midsection, so they don’t flop around on hard snow and aren’t easily buffeted off course by sodden crud.

One reason the early vintage Enforcer 100’s were so stout is that, due to molding limitations, all sizes used the same baseline. This was one of the major changes introduced just last season: each size of the 20/21 and 21/22 Enforcer 100 has a unique baseline, sidecut and core profile. This change is significant as each size will ski a little differently, so think twice before sizing up.

Because the Enforcer 100 was the first member of the now extensive Enforcer family, it was passed over for product improvements that became staples for the rest of the series. The two most significant of these both aim at weight reduction. True Tip extends the wood core deep into the shovel, reducing the amount of heavy ABS needed to stabilize this area. Adding carbon stringers to its top glass laminate reduced the amount of (heavy) fiberglass required by 35%.

Bear in mind, the Energy 2 Titanium Construction continues to use two end-to-end, wall-to-wall sheets of .4mm Titanal around an all-wood core, along with the glass and carbon, so it’s not like its lost any of its athleticism. This is still a very powerful, very live ski.
The biggest change in on-snow comportment between the ancestral Enforcer and the newbie is in the forgiveness and ease of use departments. Not that the old boy has been gutted – far from it. But the new kid seems to transition to its camber zone more smoothly and while it’s still lively off the edge, it’s easier to decamber in its longer lengths. It’s unusually easy to feather the edge or switch from carving to drifting to match the terrain.
The acid test for an all-terrain ski with aspirations of greatness is a powder-covered mogul field that was untouched… two hours ago. The Enforcer 100 looks at this dumpster-fire of a ski run with the preternatural calm of the Buddha. It’s not worried if you’re not. Don’t be afraid to floor it, for the 2022 Enforcer 100 still has the guts of a GS race ski. Intimidation is not in its vocabulary.
Here’s what Jim Schaffner of Start Haus declaimed after dismounting from the Enforcer 100 in its mammoth, 191cm size. (Bear in mind that Schaffner is the rare talent for whom this size is appropriate.) “So that was the Enforcer 100 in a size 191cm: really, really fun in these conditions, 16 inches of slightly compact powder that started to get chewed up a bit. Found this ski to be exceptionally versatile moving from the chopped-up stuff into fresh pow. Very predictable and very well-balanced. The balance between the front of the ski and the back of the ski allows you to stay nice and clean and centered, an important aspect when skiing difficult conditions. All in all. a very good ski for conditions today. I can feel the versatility available from this ski.”
Power and forgiveness in equal measure is the Holy Grail of ski design. The Enforcer 100 comes frightfully close to this ideal. It’s like an all-wheel drive roadster, sucking up terrain changes, drifting through hairpins and firing down the fall line. This is why you get an all-terrain ski in the first place.
You don’t have to be an expert to handle the Enforcer 100 – provided you get the correct length for your ability and where you plan on skiing – but it never hurts to have elite skills. When sizing it for everyday use, be aware that the tip rocker is steep but short, so you don’t lose much snow contact. These means a 179cm is plenty stable for most men, especially those who favor tight turns, moguls and/or trees as their favorite haunts.

Test Score Data​

Total Score: 87.38
Early to Edge:
Continuous Carve:
Rebound/Turn Finish:
Stability/Accuracy @ Speed:
Short-radius Turning:
Off-piste Performance:
Low-speed Turning:
Forgiveness/Ease:
Drift/Scrub:
Finesse/Power Balance:

freeskier1961

still aspiring
Skier
I just skied two days on enforcer free 104s at Whistler, first time on them. I'm 6 " 220ish
On the advice of GregK bought the 184s.
I found them quite stable in turns of all shapes with a reasonably stiff tail. top speed this day 45mph
For me they were quick edge to edge. Easy to carve, pivot, smear!
Coming from my Volkl v werks Katana, it took a few runs to find the sweet spot as they are a further forward mount
They will be my no new snow daily driver

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
Re Sender Ti's, demoing they struck me as a true advanced/expert level ski. They are easy enough to ski if you are using excellent technique, but have a small sweet spot and won't tolerate backseat skiing for more than one turn. If you can't ski everything well, and don't ski often enough that you are going to quickly learn to ski everything well, I'd look elsewhere.

Don't let this give you the impression that Sender Ti's are unapproachable - they are pretty easy and quite fun when you are skiing properly

TS
F

Frank Ricard

Booting up
Skier
Re Sender Ti's, demoing they struck me as a true advanced/expert level ski. They are easy enough to ski if you are using excellent technique, but have a small sweet spot and won't tolerate backseat skiing for more than one turn. If you can't ski everything well, and don't ski often enough that you are going to quickly learn to ski everything well, I'd look elsewhere.

Don't let this give you the impression that Sender Ti's are unapproachable - they are pretty easy and quite fun when you are skiing properly
Can you compare them to the Mantra's or the Enforcer 104's?

TS
F

Frank Ricard

Booting up
Skier
They are definitely more similar than they are different.

The tail shape and less early rise definitely will make the Sender feel a bit stronger on the release (despite it being a bit softer)...a little less "smeary".

To me, the Sender/Rallybird translates almost directly to the Enforcer/Santa Ana 100 feel. Which sounds like it's softer than what you're looking for.

Sorry, I forgot to respond. Would a fair way to restate this be: Its a ski that likes to be driven more, but not to the level of a Mantra. That is what I have read about the Enforcer 100 (also posted above by @Atomicman).

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
First, at your size, the 179 104 Enforcer is way too short for you to get an accurate reading on that ski - to experience the range of what it's actually good at. More length was required. But it still would have a bit of a weak tail, as you noticed. Longer, it would still be a lot better ski than the Sender Ti, for most. Still, in 191, at your size, the Enforcer 104 would shine, enough length to compensate for that actually playful, versatile tail (even though I liked a lot of skis better than the 104, including the Enforcer 100, for a more traditional, carve oriented skier).

To me, the Sender Ti is a pretty blah ski, too easily tossed in uneven, off piste and in crud, without enough character at carving either. To me for its width it's best in a bit of soft snow up to maybe 4", because for its width it has a bit of fun float there with carve. But there is no time I wouldn't prefer to be on almost any of the other skis being mentioned.

To me, the Mantra 102 is noticeable better than either 9x Mantra. The Mantra is still basically a fat GS ski, the M6 having a more versatile range of turn shapes than the M5. The Mantra 102, to me, does more, especially in soft and crud snow, though it is a charger, very high speed limit, on groomers. Again, the 18x version would be more versatile, but the 191 version would charge better, and carve more like a full on GS ski, at your size especially - though it probably would also for a 150 lb guy like me.

To me, the limitation of the 102 is that it has no float for powder, though it kills crude just fine: it is not a powder ski, to me,, even at 102. You'd probably find that the people using the 102 a lot also have a fatter powder ski in the quiver - or more than one. And that is probably the only area where to me the Sender Ti can be mentioned in the same breadth with the other skis being considered here - with the exception of the Enforcer 100, which just is much better in powder than the Sender Ti, to me.

Last edited:

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sorry, I forgot to respond. Would a fair way to restate this be: Its a ski that likes to be driven more, but not to the level of a Mantra. That is what I have read about the Enforcer 100 (also posted above by @Atomicman).
I would say, yes, but have not skied the Mantra. Although the review I posted has the most recent Mantra in the same category and said the E 100 was the most powerful ski in the category.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I agree with @Atomicman ,

A GS race ski is the right tool for medium to long turn groomer carving, to me; but in uneven, bumps and off piste, it can be a bit bone-rattling. And the wrong tool for lots of powder.

Something very similar is still there with the Mantra 9x off piste, in bumps and uneven terrain. A bit jarring. And not so great in lots of powder/crud.

Not so the Enforcer 100. And with its new, stronger tail it carves just about as well on groomers, or close - some would choose the 100 there, some the Mantra 9x. And the Enforcer 100 is a crud ski hero, at least up to a foot or so.

The Mantra 102, on the other hand, is more on an even footing, though in true powder I'd rather be on the 100, I'd guess. (I have not been on the 102 enough to be sure.)

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
TS
F

Frank Ricard

Booting up
Skier
First, at your size, the 179 104 Enforcer is way too short for you to get an accurate reading on that ski - to experience the range of what it's actually good at. More length was required. But it still would have a bit of a weak tail, as you noticed. Longer, it would still be a lot better ski than the Sender Ti, for most. Still, in 191, at your size, the Enforcer 104 would shine, enough length to compensate for that actually playful, versatile tail (even though I liked a lot of skis better than the 104, including the Enforcer 100, for a more traditional, carve oriented skier).

To me, the Sender Ti is a pretty blah ski, too easily tossed in uneven, off piste and in crud, without enough character at carving either. To me for its width it's best in a bit of soft snow up to maybe 4", because for its width it has a bit of fun float there with carve. But there is no time I wouldn't prefer to be on almost any of the other skis being mentioned.

To me, the Mantra 102 is noticeable better than either 9x Mantra. The Mantra is still basically a fat GS ski, the M6 having a more versatile range of turn shapes than the M5. The Mantra 102, to me, does more, especially in soft and crud snow, though it is a charger, very high speed limit, on groomers. Again, the 18x version would be more versatile, but the 191 version would charge better, and carve more like a full on GS ski, at your size especially - though it probably would also for a 150 lb guy like me.

To me, the limitation of the 102 is that it has no float for powder, though it kills crude just fine: it is not a powder ski, to me,, even at 102. You'd probably find that the people using the 102 a lot also have a fatter powder ski in the quiver - or more than one. And that is probably the only area where to me the Sender Ti can be mentioned in the same breadth with the other skis being considered here - with the exception of the Enforcer 100, which just is much better in powder than the Sender Ti, to me.

I agree with @Atomicman ,

A GS race ski is the right tool for medium to long turn groomer carving, to me; but in uneven, bumps and off piste, it can be a bit bone-rattling. And the wrong tool for lots of powder.

Something very similar is still there with the Mantra 9x off piste, in bumps and uneven terrain. A bit jarring. And not so great in lots of powder/crud.

Not so the Enforcer 100. And with its new, stronger tail it carves just about as well on groomers, or close - some would choose the 100 there, some the Mantra 9x. And the Enforcer 100 is a crud ski hero, at least up to a foot or so.

The Mantra 102, on the other hand, is more on an even footing, though in true powder I'd rather be on the 100, I'd guess. (I have not been on the 102 enough to be sure.)

Thanks for the replies!

Great info on the Sender Ti. I do agree about the 104 Enforcer I rode being too short (I had no other options), but I also am glad to hear you say it would still have a weak tail and you think there would be better options for me since I want a carve oriented ski. Your review of the M102 echo's everyone else... it really does sound like the ski for me.

Also - my plan would be to add another, fatter (and softer) ski in the quiver for powder days and days I'm skiing terrain slower and need to smear turns a lot more... so we are on the same page there.

Re: Your GS comments - I'd love to ski these more often, but its just too much ski for most days and really needs the right conditions to enjoy... and if I am being honest, I don't want to fly with them, haha!

hWNPy7D.jpg

TS
F

Frank Ricard

Booting up
Skier
Guys - thanks for all the replies, this is a great thread and very helpful!

Seems like the Mantra 102 is the best choice for me, and hey, I can always buy more skis to fill out more of the quiver! :ogbiggrin:

Question now comes down to 184 vs 191 (leaning 191)... and what bindings would you all recommend? Can you throw out a few options? Theres not much available right now.

I might buy used as well, but everything on ebay will necessitate a remount, and if I am going to pay for a mount, it might make sense to buy new. I havent decided yet. I would try mounting myself, it looks a lot easier than most things I DIY... but the thread on TGR is not updated, so it seems hard to ensure you are getting the correct template.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Any binding will work, the core of ski is solid + metal sheets etc, so retention is awesome. got no idea if your a supershort bsl needing high din or other way around ;)

I rock jesters on mine, but there are so many good bindings around, but I like the all metal binding feel on the skis since its allready fairly heavy.

so my choice would be jesters or P15's

TS
F

Frank Ricard

Booting up
Skier
Any binding will work, the core of ski is solid + metal sheets etc, so retention is awesome. got no idea if your a supershort bsl needing high din or other way around ;)

I rock jesters on mine, but there are so many good bindings around, but I like the all metal binding feel on the skis since its allready fairly heavy.

so my choice would be jesters or P15's
I'm a 311 BSL... I'm a fan of metal as well. :)

Selection is tough right now.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I can always buy more skis
YOU'RE ONE OF US ... YOU'RE ONE OF US ... YOU'RE ONE OF US ... YOU'RE ONE OF US ... YOU'RE ONE OF US ... YOU'RE ONE OF US ... YOU'RE ONE OF US ... YOU'RE ONE OF US ... YOU'RE ONE OF US ... YOU'RE ONE OF US ... YOU'RE ONE OF US ... YOU'RE ONE OF US ... YOU'RE ONE OF US ...

I agree, the M102 is a great choice to do what your want a ski to do that the Enforcer 104 didn't do.

TS
F

Frank Ricard

Booting up
Skier
Haha thanks everyone!

@chris_the_wrench and @anders_nor thanks for the binding suggestions. A lot of used stuff comes with one of the standard "all mtn" 13 din options... just making sure they would be fine for now.

And if I go new, is there any good choice I wont regret below the Pivot 15's?

Sponsor

Staff online