• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TV coverage for 2020-2021?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I watched the race today on demand using the Peacock app. The video quality was good enough. The app itself is not that great, infact is sucks. The app on the Comcast set top box launches and just spins. It has never worked when ever I try it. The app on the Apple TV refuses to take my comcast login. With Comcast service one gets the Peacock Premium access. Only the app on the iPad works ( allowed me to use the Comcast login). However the screen mirroring for the app is either blocked or just plain busted.
I got to watch the race so I’m happy. Since I switched from DirecTV to Comcast I lost the Olympic channel.
Let’s hope this works for more than just this weekend...
Sorry to hear about the problems you had... on my Cox cable box everything loaded and worked great with the app. Hopefully they get it sorted with Comcast.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
I don't think we will know the full benefit of Peacock until the Austrian races and access is confirmed and tested. If you can watch those Austrian races On-demand (after race, not live) I will be huge fan.

Last edited:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So... There was a women's WC race in Zürs the other day, right? On peacock I was able to see the men's parallel "slalom" at Zürs, ski jumping from Poland, and biathlon from Finland up the wazoo. Now all of those are gone. And the women's SL(?) was never available, so far as I saw. The search feature is totally useless. WTF?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
So... There was a women's WC race in Zürs the other day, right? On peacock I was able to see the men's parallel "slalom" at Zürs, ski jumping from Poland, and biathlon from Finland up the wazoo. Now all of those are gone. And the women's SL(?) was never available, so far as I saw. The search feature is totally useless. WTF?

I have to agree. I'm really disappointed in how they manage the content after it has aired. The platform interface sucks and it looks like they don't keep stuff around for long to stream later.

James

Out There
Instructor
And I thought the Olympic Channel was bad.
if their slot was two hours, the on demand replay was whatever was on in that time. This means weather delays caused you to miss most of it.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Women raced parallel GS too. No SL. Next weekend 2xSG in St Moritz for Women and men go to St Caterina for 2xGS. The hill in St Caterina is awesome. Small village just a few clicks up the road from more well known Bormio (Stelvio DH).

knobby

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
AF72FE1F-07E5-4472-BC94-593BF709182A.png
Not a great interface for sure and not a great job for the search terms but it can be found by searching for “parallel”

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've given up on the search function. I go to the sports tab and look for skiing. Then I put the races on my watch list — this is important because then the algorithm realizes what you like watching and coughs it up on your home page.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I've given up on the search function. I go to the sports tab and look for skiing. Then I put the races on my watch list — this is important because then the algorithm realizes what you like watching and coughs it up on your home page.
Right. I did that, and the women's parallel was not in the list. Thus my post.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Finally figured this out. User error.

When you browse for skiing, you have to keep swiping and swiping all the way to the right until you get to the end of the list. The events are NOT in chronological order. Finally you get a button to View All. That is the money.

Screenshot_20201201-202258_Peacock.jpg
Screenshot_20201201-202306_Peacock.jpg

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So this goes on the long list of software created by programmers who obviously never eat their own dog food.
Although at a company the size of NBC there is undoubtedly a team of business analysts and user experience designers and what have you building the product. At some level "programmers" are likely more like executors than decision makers. That just makes it more annoying, though, not less.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I was able to watch the Men's GS this morning on Peacock, but when I select the Women's SG, I just see "Replay available soon". It's been that way all morning. Ugh. What kind of streaming service doesn't actually, you know, let you stream?

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I was able to watch the Men's GS this morning on Peacock, but when I select the Women's SG, I just see "Replay available soon". It's been that way all morning. Ugh. What kind of streaming service doesn't actually, you know, let you stream?

The women's race was canceled - thus why it's not available.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Good news: Peacock Premium seems to be carrying St. Anton just as it has the non-Austrian events. There was a note about ORF at the start of the feed but seems the same thus far.
Bodes well for my Hahnenkamm Breakfast and Schladming Happy Hour.
:daffy:

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Have Roku and Peacock getting all the races live or on record whichever I choose, wish they were in English but get to watch.
Do you have announcers on yours at all? I've just been getting the video feed with random sounds from on the hill.

Sponsor

Staff online