• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Vote on a bar tape for my Moots.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Oil Slick hasn't hit Steamboat yet. its got another year or so before anyone here will go so crazy to try it other than me. :).

Really? Hunh. I was seeing it before COVID hit and it exploded during first shutdown. Even the bike frames are doing it - and it looks terrible when multisourced.

Credit to Supacaz: they killed that nasty Specialized gel-filled stuff dead. So there's something. No more crusty tape over bubblegum gel yay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron
TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Really? Hunh. I was seeing it before COVID hit and it exploded during first shutdown.

I never took notice of it until today! seriously. I have been a fan of Supacaz since last year. awesome grip, good vibration dampening and really easy to work with. I think Sagan had a Special Edition Tarmac or something that was oil slick but that was overload. I know Ive seen it on the Supacaz site but until I saw a picture of it "in person" I didnt consider it. I'm putting it on my silver and black Emonda. I think I'll probably keep the black on the Moots. I've tried several different colors and did like the brown but once I put the silver accents on the frame, I like the gray, silver and black together.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Black.
But then I'm not only a simpleton, but a boring simpleton.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Black.
But then I'm not only a simpleton, but a boring simpleton.

but its not boring! I look as a hand made bike like artwork, the frame doesnt need a lot of anything to highlight its design and shape. I am really liking the silver headset, seat post & clamp and bottle cages with the black and gray of the frame, the Enve G23's will be a nice gray accent on the wheels and I like the all black-wall tires. (GravelKing SS 38's).

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
no, black is the 3rd option.

"The 3 options I like so far are one of the Cycology tapes, The Cinelli Green Camo or just black."

You dont ski in black pants do you? :ogcool:

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
but its not boring! I look as a hand made bike like artwork, the frame doesnt need a lot of anything to highlight its design and shape. I am really liking the silver headset, seat post & clamp and bottle cages with the black and gray of the frame, the Enve G23's will be a nice gray accent on the wheels and I like the all black-wall tires. (GravelKing SS 38's).
Oh, and by the way... I agree completely. That is a NICE looking bike!

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the Cinelli Mike Giant Velvet on my road bike now. It is VERY nice but will probably change it to Bontrager Velvetack Reflective which is even nicer feeling and is as it's name suggest, reflective. Very nice.

P.S. Whatever you do, please do not go with camo. This bike looks so good and so classy, camo will kinda ruin it and will introduce a level of redneck-ness you do not need.

In fact....yeah, keep it black. Nice and elegant.

Last edited:

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
The black tattoo is the way to go, you can tell because I am the only one voting for it.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
BTW, just saw this pic, its setup as my bike will look with the G23's, except I have silver frame accents instead of the pewter.

1615643548247.png

Last edited:
TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
LOL, did you know I have to google every time you post? LOLOLOL.

Do you use their jerseys? Very low price, wondering how they hold up.

Sponsor

Staff online