• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 20-21 Four Corners Weather, Conditions, Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Spring skiing vibe today at AZ Snowbowl. I got to lap the new chairlift and I am impressed. Hopefully winter returns soon.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Spring skiing vibe today at AZ Snowbowl. I got to lap the new chairlift and I am impressed. Hopefully winter returns soon.

How's the snow @Core2 ? Thinking of heading up there Wednesday or Thursday...

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Jerez Taos only got an inch or two. Where did the storm go?!?! and there is nothing coming our way in the foreseeable future....sad:(

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
How's the snow @Core2 ? Thinking of heading up there Wednesday or Thursday...

Impressive snow making effort still going on up there. They were making snow all day on lower Volcano and North Star. It honestly skied pretty well, not as icy as I expected. You have top to bottom runs both sides of the mountain and most of the beginner terrain is open so it is worth the drive I guess.

IMG_3778.JPG

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Jerez Taos only got an inch or two. Where did the storm go?!?! and there is nothing coming our way in the foreseeable future....sad:(
I know. We went up anyway. It was still nice. The bump runs are a minefield. Still fun though. Just feel bad for my skis.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
I drove up to Snowbowl yesterday --Monday-- to get my granddaughter back onto the snow before our upcoming trip to Purgatory. Snow was surprisingly consistent everywhere we went. Not too many people either, which was a bonus. We had a great day up there. Plenty of runs open for simple groomed skiing.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
I drove up to Snowbowl yesterday --Monday-- to get my granddaughter back onto the snow before our upcoming trip to Purgatory. Snow was surprisingly consistent everywhere we went. Not too many people either, which was a bonus. We had a great day up there. Plenty of runs open for simple groomed skiing.

yup. All things considered, Snowbowl is absolutely killing it. I think it’s one of the best run ops in the country imho. I bet Volcano and North Star get opened by Friday or announced on Friday for weekend openings. I love my peeps working up on our mountain. We have had zero help from Ma Nature but yet, I’m having fun skiing. I’m stoked about that.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Made my first turns of the season yesterday up at the Snowbowl. Agree with the others, the snowmaking coverage is amazing given there is virtually no natural snow.

Chillonthehill

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
They are doing a good job but getting no help from Mother Nature. Last Saturday all lifts were on a wind hold for part of the morning and there were so many people crowding at the base, they shut down uphill traffic and made people wait in the parking lots. Most eventually opened, but it looked overcrowded.

Today, Gondola,Grand Canyon and Sunset never opened, but to their credit they made the announcement around 12:30. Hoping the weekend weather isn’t as windy because I want to sneak up with the kids on the holiday Monday when it’s not usually as crowded. I don’t want to deal with that mess or potential crowd.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Lots of wind this week. But there’s talk now of a pattern change so maybe some precip is in our near future.

2A55A8CE-DE6F-425F-A355-6D80488D452E.jpeg

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Looking good for a pattern change next week. I'll take any moisture at this point.

p168iss.gif

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just a dusting at AZSB this morning. More to come.

Purgatory looking good:

purg 1-19-21.jpg

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another failed to materialize storm ....You know it's a bad year when you take your powder skis out for a 2-3" "dump".

It was such a small amount of snow, but I swear the whole town of Santa Fe was on the mountain, including a lot of school-aged kids. Went home early as they just kept coming. Maybe because of the reservation system, when a storm is predicted, everyone signs up and goes even if the snows don't make it.

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
Another failed to materialize storm ....You know it's a bad year when you take your powder skis out for a 2-3" "dump".

It was such a small amount of snow, but I swear the whole town of Santa Fe was on the mountain, including a lot of school-aged kids. Went home early as they just kept coming. Maybe because of the reservation system, when a storm is predicted, everyone signs up and goes even if the snows don't make it.
I thought it was supposed to be a dump! Taos reported 6” but I won’t be there until next week. Pretty sad our mountains missed the storm again...

Lvovsky /Pasha/Pavel

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier

lets meet up at SantaFe on Friday?

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Lee saying "once in 10 year snow event." I imagine there will be a few holds next week. I'm trying to get up there Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online