• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

20/21 How many days so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I go by calendar years, I've only counted days skied in 2021 in this thread :p since we have summerski, and indoor its much easier.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
FBBD9608-9D54-4C32-A919-A3B8DA43ACB5.jpeg
Could be it for me :( .
I was thinking I may hit the 150 mark but considering the low snow year in these parts & the fact that we may not have had any lift served skiing at all, l am pretty stoked!
D99CBE02-EE48-4DD8-B260-59F0120DFB89.jpeg
Grateful to all those that went the extra mile to make it happen!!!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
While not up there with you big boys I did manage to get out again for a couple of days. Final for the season;

40 Days
589 Lifts/T-Bars
751,452 vertical feet

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Lowest since 2002 except for last year.

Fought a cold off and on in mid-season, and my 74 year old legs are catching up with me, especially in late season slush.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
26 and done after yesterday's Snowbird day.

25 of my days were on the clock, coaching the alpine race team. 21 of those days were at Liberty Mountain, PA. 3 were at Elk Mountain, one was at Blue Mountain.

It was a foreshortened season for me, not starting until January due to COVID precautions and missing a handful of coaching sessions due to post-travel quarantine. I call it good.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
26 and done after yesterday's Snowbird day.

25 of my days were on the clock, coaching the alpine race team. 21 of those days were at Liberty Mountain, PA. 3 were at Elk Mountain, one was at Blue Mountain.

It was a foreshortened season for me, not starting until January due to COVID precautions and missing a handful of coaching sessions due to post-travel quarantine. I call it good.
I was trying to figure out, from your track in the other thread, whether after those first 25 days on groomers you gorged on bumps and corn in the steepest and least piste-y locations available, or whether your inner racer took over and you just high-speed cruised all day. (I suppose if you're like Vince you might have skied GS right through the bumps.)

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Eked out 29. But the last day was a powder day, so I felt it was good to end on that note. I am now ready for summer peaches, tomatoes and corn!

Tony

tseeb
Skier
No new ski areas for third season in a row. Only skied in CA (plus NV side of Heavenly).
32 days - one more than last season when COVID-19 ended skiing mid-March in most places.

Averaged 24K vertical/day, even with 3 departure days at Heavenly when I quit around 11, plus a couple of less than full days at Kirkwood on way home, and one (powder) day at Northstar where I quit at 1 (to meet friend in town and get over pass while still open) and one day at Mammoth when most lifts closed at noon. This was my highest average vertical per day other than 2002-03 when I skied 20 days (and no longer have complete records).
I count 6 days with more than an inch or two new and 4 other days with only an inch or two new.

Senior Tahoe Value Pass 25 days - Kirkwood 13, Heavenly 10, Northstar 2
Next Season's Ikon Pass 7 days - Mammoth 4, Squaw 2, Alpine 1

By month (first time since living in England in 1980-81 that I had no skiing in Nov/Dec.
Jan - 6
Feb - 6
Mar - 10
Apr - 7
May - 3

Already have 7 days next year’s Full Ikon Pass that I bought to use at Aspen next year, hope to use at Altabird and Taos, and may use during some of the blackout days at Squaw/Alpine. Pass still available at a slight discount, but only have a day left to get it. Send PM if interested.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I was trying to figure out, from your track in the other thread, whether after those first 25 days on groomers you gorged on bumps and corn in the steepest and least piste-y locations available, or whether your inner racer took over and you just high-speed cruised all day. (I suppose if you're like Vince you might have skied GS right through the bumps.)

Definitely on corn! Bumps have never been my go-to but I did a few zippers and some GS as well. It's all good. Really, the corn harvest was the fun way to go last weekend.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Flying to Denver to meet up with @Philpug and hoping to get 2 more days in so I can hit 100!!
98 so far.
According to flight tracker, I'm flying over SLC right now. Wave to me:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor