• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2020-2021 Mid-Atlantic Resorts, Conditions, Weather, and Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Further hijack, lol.

I was there that day. Prolly making a pit stop.

Is that Snowsmith hidden behind the menu item? I just see black outfit and no face

I know you were there, just razzing you a bit. Open the site on your phone, you can see the face. It is not snowsmith. He has never attended a national gathering. One more hint. The picture looks like there are two "couples" and in fact, there is only one "couple".

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
Been thinking next thurs/fri would work for a CVR/TM outing. Sounding too late in week now....

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
Been thinking next thurs/fri would work for a CVR/TM outing. Sounding too late in week now....
Whitegrass should be sweet next Thursday/ Friday.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Yeah, but I'm really a fan of the whole gravity thing...
Might try the XC thing again when I have more free time.
If you don't know, Whitegrass is an old downhill area, you just got to earn your turns, lots of glades too. Actually, it has the greatest vertical drop in the Valley. It really is a unique experience.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
Did not know that!
Looked at topo and aerial - got a decent idea of the hill with that and their website pics.
Definitely looks like some work.

Don't forget to wear jammies inside-out tonight.

Kcip

Booting up
Skier
How are the crowds at Whitetail or Liberty mid week? Are COVID tests required if you are coming from out of state?

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
How are the crowds at Whitetail or Liberty mid week? Are COVID tests required if you are coming from out of state?
Yes... the PA rules right now are a recent negative test, or quaratine for 10 days.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't know about southern PA, but in the Poconos it's widely ignored. I'm not condoning it, just stating fact

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Yes, as @dbostedo says there is technically a requirement to present a negative COVID test or to quarantine.

That said: resorts are not checking this compliance at all. They assume customers are playing it safe. It's a bit of a gamble on their part, but it is what it is. Just be vigilant and wear your mask, pack your own meals, take lunch break at the car, etc.

For the most part, mask compliance is good. It's worse on weekends. Lift queues can get long as all of the Vail Resorts properties are short staffed this year and it takes longer to fire up relief lifts.

Midweek things should be OK, tho.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have skied 2 days at Jack Frost, which is a Vail Resort property, midweek only. Lodges are only open for bathrooms and "to go" food and drink. I have gotten there a little before the lifts open, easy to find good parking spots. I get so many laps in 3 hours, I'm done by noon...there's next to zero liftlines Besides, after skiing all the Pocono area for 40+ years, it's gotten a little boring....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online