• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2020-2021 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
It's it just me or does if feel like the Spring melt is moving much more rapidly than past "average" seasons? Feels like this would be 3rd week of April conditions in the 1st week itself. I guess a week of 55°F highs is taking is toll.

Yeah 12 days with highs in the 50s will do that... 16 days since the last storm which only dropped 4”doesn’t help the cause much either!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yeah 12 days with highs in the 50s will do that... 16 days since the last storm which only dropped 4”doesn’t help the cause much either!
Yeah, I'm a little sad about the snowpack, for skiing and also for fire dange.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It always does in the spring, though, regardless of name change.
Hey, I was thinking about you yesterday.
I was in a local thrift store scoping out possible vintage ski wear and found these Roffe stretch pants. They are in mint condition, like they don't look like they've ever been worn, but way too small for me. $16.00!!
I thought... I bet Pequenita would fit into those.

78428CFC-D55C-4B56-A385-D3076BEE1BA3.JPG

E5BC0ABB-D1DE-4BBA-8B1F-51D6B099622F.JPG

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Besides the quick 1/3” dusting on upper mtn Monday morning been more of the same out at Alpine the past 5 or so days. The warm weathers toll is becoming rapidly apparent as we quickly loose access to terrain. South face-T across the gully's went on Monday, high line across the back of ward yesterday, and as of today the notch through big bend keyhole is quickly disappearing. Thinking Sherwood should hopefully make it through the weekend but highly unlikely past then. It’s gotten too patchy to even groom the main run at this point.

Been pretty fun lately though. The NE face off big bend cornice has been smooth and fast pretty much everyday before patrol closes the traverse between 11:30-12:30. Monday with the fresh dusting center of lower saddle to high yellow gully was the play. Today central beaver chutes were nice smooth corn. Now at the point where it’s better to bootpack up idiots and across than trying to sidestep along the boundary line to access beaver & Estelle, as of this morning a few spots where PCT is poking through.

Haven’t lost hope for another couple storms quite yet but this little blast of “fools spring” is carrying on a little to long!

Beaver chutes
View attachment 130690
Big bend Cornice
View attachment 130691
BB notch going as of 11:30 this am
View attachment 130692
upper saddle yesterday
View attachment 130693
So where is this run called Idiots Delight ?
The Squawpine app keeps saying I ski it many times !
:ogbiggrin:

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was in a local thrift store scoping out possible vintage ski wear and found these Roffe stretch pants. They are in mint condition, like they don't look like they've ever been worn, but way too small for me. $16.00!!

Oooh, those are a great color! I don't know, though. I gained some pandemic weight and my regular ski pants are kind of tight!! Another friend had found some vintage Bogner a few years ago, and those were too small for me, too!

John Webb

mdskier
Skier

View attachment 130715

View attachment 130716
My Favorite color !! My Highlander is close to that color but I had do ignore that when looking to buy it.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My experience is that late April, early May is the time to buy. I was crying about Rose's rates last season in
Well, I've been staring at Rose's words, "After season end". They won the game of chicken against me. Got my passes for next year this morning.

Anyways, bluebird day, no crowds until noon, and lunch special reappeared.

View of the Lake Tahoe
PXL_20210409_180212146.jpg

Carne Asada lunch special
PXL_20210409_181805732.jpg

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Bitter sweet day (last of the season) at Sugar Bowl today: excellent conditions, softening to near perfection by 10:30. Thanked all staff for their dedication and effort during the pandemic, saying farewell until next (hopefully mask-less) season.

On to Squalpine and Mammoth!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Bummer we missed you.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
OK... I'm going to be skiing Squaw or Alpine this coming week, Wednesday through Friday... who wants to make some turns?!? :) Feel free to post or PM.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
OK... I'm going to be skiing Squaw or Alpine this coming week, Wednesday through Friday... who wants to make some turns?!? :) Feel free to post or PM.
If you are feeling adventurous..we could do Mammoth one day. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online