• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2020/21 Northeast

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I am beginning to question how an area like Wachusett and others can survive without cross border travel....and ski clubs, race teams. Yikes, hope small and midsize areas have cash reserves.

What a Shxx show.
I think Wachusett will survive. Not sure how much cross-border travel it normally hosts. But Mon-Friday school groups will be a loss this year. And they plan on still holding night league racing. I'm not sure how that will hold up without the raucous after-race dinner party scene in the upstairs restaurant each night. That socializing was the best part of the racing for me back when I did it.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
AM rain at Killington changed to snow late morning. Temps were in the upper 20s in the afternoon. Light crowd plus softer conditions than yesterday made for a decent afternooon.

Jeffdag

Putting on skis
Skier
I am beginning to question how an area like Wachusett and others can survive without cross border travel....and ski clubs, race teams. Yikes, hope small and midsize areas have cash reserves.

What a Shxx show.
Wachusett should flourish this season. No one is traveling from NH/VT to go there. The few out of stater's they lose will be made up by everyone that can no longer go to VT (or NH/ME)

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Wachusett should flourish this season. No one is traveling from NH/VT to go there. The few out of stater's they lose will be made up by everyone that can no longer go to VT (or NH/ME)

big chunk of Wa biz is RI skiers and riders. Nearly everyone who snow plays in RI goes to Wa. Nashua area as well is a big Wa customer base.

Flourish would be good, hope you're right.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Wachusett sold 50% of the season passes they usually sell. I don't know what that amounts to, but that's money in the bank. That plus as many day passes as they can. They may lose money without the lodge revenues, and their revenues will be way down, maybe they'll even lose money. But they are such a successful business that they will do this happily. I know because I've seen 2 of the owners more than once and they seem thrilled to be open! Wachusett is one of the most profitable resorts in the country. They can lose ½ their revenues one season. I'm glad I live :15 away, what a godsend for me!

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
^^That.
Wachusett could even be more crowded than usual, even with its imposed restrictions on pass sales. We'll see.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I just read on a forum someone who was there Sat./Sun. in the afternoon and he said he saw rampant problems with people not wearing masks or social distancing. I sure hope this doesn't all get banned.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
People can get sensitive about their states, time to move on.

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Yes... is there more than that? Maybe I'm missing something.

so are we disputing my statement that RI skiers and riders make up a big part of Wa’s business? I thought this was ski talk? No? There’s over a million people here.

If we wanna talk crap bring it...

I got plenty of Jersey jokes...there’s several thousand jersey kids at URI and PC and Bryant and RWU lot more than 300

how bout we just delete the crap and talk skiing?

c’mon now...

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Back to ski talk

another vaccine and doesn’t require 90 below storage.

warp speed is gonna get me on the hill in March, I’m feeling serious optimism here!

Seahaven

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yup, we've got a few more people than people realize. :)
For the curious, Wyoming, Vermont, Alaska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Delaware all have smaller populations than RI.
Anyway, back to the SkiTalk.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I guess i Should've used the smile emoji. Are you guys actually offended because I joked about Ri being a small state? I've never heard Joisey being the butt of jokes, so feel free to post any good ones:roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online