• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2021-2022 Mid-Atlantic Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
I've never known Seven Springs to announce opening dates. Seven Springs will open as soon as there is enough cold weather to make and keep snow. They might open 1 or 2 frontside runs early just to keep up with the Ikons, Epics, and Perfects but they will not commit to full mountain snowmaking until the long-term forecast assures them that all that money won't just melt away.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I've never known Seven Springs to announce opening dates. Seven Springs will open as soon as there is enough cold weather to make and keep snow. They might open 1 or 2 frontside runs early just to keep up with the Ikons, Epics, and Perfects but they will not commit to full mountain snowmaking until the long-term forecast assures them that all that money won't just melt away.
Oh... I agree and understand... my last post and head-shaking emoji was more about the weather, than about Seven Springs snowmaking.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
So I was chatting with my oldest kid about the holiday break options, fly or drive, how log actually back in NC, etc... His dates are Dec 18th to MLK day. When I pointed out I'm also off work until Jan 5th he said.. "Maybe we can go skiing?"

:yahoo: :beercheer::golfclap::yahoo::crossfingers:

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
Correct. Bottom Line Bob Nutting is a businessman, unfortunately (lol)

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
I just got back from one of our glade clearing parties at Laurel. For the first time since Laurel reopened, we got a crew from Seven Springs to help out. One of the crew said that Seven Springs will begin snowmaking this week, Monday and Tuesday night if the weather permits.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I just got back from one of our glade clearing parties at Laurel. For the first time since Laurel reopened, we got a crew from Seven Springs to help out. One of the crew said that Seven Springs will begin snowmaking this week, Monday and Tuesday night if the weather permits.
How are the glades looking? One of these seasons, I want to ski them...

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
How are the glades looking? One of these seasons, I want to ski them...
We cleared the dead fall in Doc's Forest so that will be in good shape unless we get an ice storm that brings down more branches. Doc's is the only official glade. Unfortunately we could not restore other old glades during this clean up. They can be skied with a deep snow pack and a little caution. Seven Springs crew was enthusiastic about the possiblity of clearing more for next season.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
I guest Patrolled for the last two days at Cat. The plan is open to the top Wednesday and then incrementally open more and more terrain. Great group of patrollers and a friendly mountain staff. A couple of them spent most of the day yesterday trying to convince me to change mountains.

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
WISP is making snow!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
@crgildart , Charles, you think ya'll might make it up this year?
I've got a kid in college and another graduating so no overnighters on the docket this season. So far plans are $5 lift ticket day at Appalachian. Maybe another day trip or two. Catt and Wolf are just a little out of my day trip range. Any odds of you getting farther west? I'm off Jan 2nd-4th and MLK weekend (Sunday is best)..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Appalachian's website is getting blocked by my browser AV threat detection. I can get there on my phone though.. Weird. I don't see the anniversary weekend special on their events schedule this year.. That's a first. They've had it every season for the past 40 years... until now? Humm, they might be having some bigger problems..

TS
johnnyvw

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Funny, I had no problem getting to the website or finding the Anniversary weekend.

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Funny, I had no problem getting to the website or finding the Anniversary weekend.

Thanks for mentioning this. Picked up 2 for Sunday. If it means anything our reservation # is 1777. From the looks of it I suspect we’re order 1777 and it will be jam packed. I’ll get some photos should be a hoot, for a couple runs at least until it gets dangerous.

cbrook

standing sideways
Skier
Hello all !. Longtime lurker here. Great to see the season getting started. Saw that Canaan cranked up the guns also. My question is are those RFID gates going in there at the base of the Quad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online