• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah 2021-2022 Utah Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Remember that SnowBrains is a UK-run website. And in the UK the term "scheme" doesn't have the negative connotations it sees in the U.S. and A.
I also feel like in the US it's got much more negative connotations as a verb, than as a noun.

You might say "what scheme was used to come up with that estimate?" and not sound negative, IMO. But if you say "are you schemeing to come up with the funds?" it definitely sounds nefarious.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Agreed. Though Alta works too.

I'd guess they rank Snowbird, Alta, Solitude, Brighton ... but I don't know Solitude or Brighton very well.

I'd agree with this ranking. All four have the goods for aggressive advanced skiing. Snowbird has the scale to really let it rip for longer runs, which is its leg up.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Which one for an aggressive advanced skier
Snowbird should be great for taking your skiing to the next level. I feel like I up my game each time I go there. Lots of relatively short, steep bumpy chutes so relief isn't far away if you get yourself in a bit above your head.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Lots of relatively short, steep bumpy chutes so relief isn't far away if you get yourself in a bit above your head.

You sounded like you are disappointed by the relatively short chute at the Bird.
We can fix that. We know of some relatively long steep bumpy chutes. Want us to take you along?

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
You sounded like you are disappointed by the relatively short chute at the Bird.
We can fix that. We know of some relatively long steep bumpy chutes. Want us to take you along?
Yup, Jackson, Snowbird, Kicking Horse & KT22 at Squaw Palisades are the top 4 N. American areas that can really wear me out.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Definitely not disappointed with anything at Snowbird, I pretty much know where to find the goods after a few visits. I have been waffling between gatherings since my current lifestyle won't allow both and am leaning to the known and easy.

skifishbum

Getting off the lift
Skier
sillytudes gots sum goods sik gnars if ya can gits up and hang the fantasy booter
IMG_0969%202_zpsm9hzd9xd.jpg

IMG_1054_zpskuj29asg.jpg

youll need avvy gear now
to help weed out the if ya cants git up
you probably got no business trying to git downers
b right on has the best open gate/ open boundary's bc access
pow mows got the best vibe imo

ss20

Enjoying this dance with gravity
Skier
A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
@Jim Kenney I did end up seeing Curtis at Sports Den! Thanks for the recommend. Second boot he put me in was perfect. He explained what he saw in my foot and why we made the moves we did. He was honest with me about getting a mid-range footbed instead of the more expensive full custom. Promised me overnight turn-around time on any future boot work (critical for me, of course). Boots, footbeds, and a new helmet for $1,000 on the nose including a tip. Cut me a little industry break too on the pricing. I believe my last pair of boots/footbeds was $850ish and that was 4 years ago iirc so I was pleasantly surprised it was a tad less this time around.

What a nice shop they have there. Curtis says he is getting everything he is asking for from suppliers so if you're in the valley and looking at gear go to Sports Den!

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
For "aggressive advanced" I'd think Snowbird first. Stay up in the canyon, or near it, and ski Snowbird and Alta.
You can get some pretty good deals that include lift tickets with the lodging at Snowbird. If you already have a pass the deals aren't as good.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Question for the Utahns: with the new reservation requirements at Brighton for Ikoners in 2022-23, do you need reservations if you start at Solitude and use the SolBright connection to go over and ski Brighton for a while?

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m remembering a day when we did that. It was snowing there was untracked and partially tracked everywhere and few other skiers around. There were no masks, no IKON and no reservations. We lapped some pretty sweet lines. Did that happen or am I dreaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor