• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was just on the North Shore for a couple days of mountain biking. This also seems to be the season of road construction in the region.
*&%!@+$$$$ last second panic construction
In all fairness, the shoulder seasons are at least theoretically when there's the least amount of traffic to disrupt, but I'm not so sure about that paradigm any more.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Random but just wanted to give props to Bobos in Reno! Brought a bunch of skis to get tuned on their Jupiter machine and they did a wonderful job and had a pretty damn quick turnaround. Turnaround time may go up in the season but I believe they are aiming for overnight service.

Will likely use Bobos for tunes when I stay in Reno/visit Mt. Rose.

They noticed Ashley and I's love for faction and offered us a smoking deal on a CT3.0 that I couldn't say no to haha.

1665514785047.png

I now match with Ashley :D
1665514878848.png

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Given the nearly daily updates on the Lakeview chair install (much appreciated!), it's been over 2 weeks since any Pali Red Dog info
.......just saying.

The official Pali blog has been suspiciously quiet.

TS
MarkG

MarkG

Stuck on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
From Unofficial Alpine (for those who don’t follow them)(and who are you and why not?!?)

“At Alpine Meadows, word on the street is that the the cable splicing is happening this week for the gondola. There is still work to be done on the Chalet project, and the snowmaking improvement projects. I am guessing that project managers there also know they have been living the charmed life with sunny skies, no rain or snow and essentially no smoke over the last few weeks.”

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
So, just as we predicted, they will not be ready on the opening date (and that is with pretty much perfect weather up to this point and virtually no smoke, i.e. best case conditions for pretty much all summer). So, no Red Dog WROD for the first time in many, many years. Luckily, they put snowmaking on Gold Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

Members online