• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2022-23 Mid-Atlantic Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
Wayne said he was thinking the same thing — a mid-Atlantic gathering might be timely, right down to thinking about Blue Knob or Timberline or… I think the kids getting older and all their distractions took the foot off the pedal, but the kids only ever did sleeping bags in the living room/family room anyway — if Mr 17 yo wants to be non-committal up to the last minute, it won’t really matter. For lurkers out there, I think what worked well the last three times was basically paying the lodging by divvying up per adult, per bed, with the kids just sleeping in sleeping bags in a living room or family room. The caveat was there that respective kids could sleep in whatever room a parent was in, but they all preferred to hang out together. The Timberline place had a loft where we put the girls, as an example, so we always figured out the gender equation.

Anyway, I suspect any poll right now on who’s interested in going is going to have a pretty limited reach, so instead, maybe it’d be more productive to chat about where. Late January weekend?

Aaron

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I would be up for Timberline. Never been, and the mountain is looking pretty good since the takeover. And it's an hour closer to where I live now, in NC. Would be nice to see you guys again!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
+1 on Timberline. we've not been there since the metamorphosis. I can't really justify a multi day trip without buy in from another family member.. which ain't happening while both kids are in college $$$$$$$$$$$$..

I really hope interest remains for this annual endeavour though. Empty nest and I'm there.. especially if it ends up out by Asheville, Cataloochee, Wolf (Biltmore) or someplace else where there's stuff for non skiing wife to do. With the kids out she might be bored enough to ride along and just sit by the fire reading while we ski..

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I really hope interest remains for this annual endeavour though. Empty nest and I'm there.. especially if it ends up out by Asheville, Cataloochee, Wolf (Biltmore) or someplace else where there's stuff for non skiing wife to do. With the kids out she might be bored enough to ride along and just sit by the fire reading while we ski..

Do a southern mini then.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well, well...according to Ski Southeast, Sugar and Cataloochee are both looking to open tomorrow, Monday Nov 14th. No official word on either websites, so..?????

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Game on at the places known for good snowmaking. Hope it holds and expands coverage right on through to the meat of the season. I'll be at Appalachian for the Anniversary Weekend Special if it's open for that..

David Orr

Getting off the lift
Skier
Reports from Sugar @David Orr (or anyone else?)
Skied 3 days this week and of course 3 VERY DIFFERENT Days...

Day 1) Braved the rain, but actually not too bad...soft snow...even made the news WBTV in Charlotte
Day 2) Conditions were better, it's still EARLY
Day 3) Gunther is POUNDING THE SLOPES WITH SNOW

This weekend should be pretty good early season conditions...as of right now 6 slopes and 2 lifts are operating...the cool thing is running into several REGULARS and of course the LIFTIES who know you by name!

Great seeing Dr. Mark out there giving a lesson to a couple of ladies today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online